Thrustmaster has revealed a new wheel for the Xbox One, this time catering towards the entry-level market. The 458 Spider Racing wheel will be a full featured racing wheel, officially licensed by Ferrari, in the sub-$100 price range.
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER FULL REVIEW
The 7/10 replica (11-inches in diameter) wheel will feature a bungee cord system, providing linear resistance through the 240 degrees of rotation. The wheel also features all the buttons for use on the Xbox One, including the Xbox Guide button, 9 action buttons, a two-position manettino dial, and a D-pad on the engine start button. The wheel also features a Kinect LED for controller pairing.
The 2-pedal set on the 458 Spider can also be adjusted to suit the drivers preferences. The brake pedal also features progressive resistance to provide a realistic feel from a budget set.
With a MSRP of $99.99 and release date of April 14th, 2014, the Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel is poised to provide a great solution for the Xbox One racer looking for a more realistic experience than a gamepad, but doesn’t want to shell out $300+ on a high-end racing wheel. For more information on the wheel, you can check out Thrustmaster’s official page. What do you guys think of the wheel?
- Compatibility: It’s compatible with the Xbox One only
- Pricing: It retails for just under $100
- Force Feedback: NO
- Warranty: One year in the U.S. and two years in some European countries
- Degrees of Rotation: 240 – With 4 adjustable presets for sensitivity
- Mechanism: Bungie system that creates a center spring feel.
- Mounting: Desk or table clamp only for the wheel.
- Rim: 11”/28 cm in diameter rim made of plastic with rubber grips.
- Rim Swap: NO
- Paddle Shifters: 2 Metal wheel-mounted
- Buttons: 9 action buttons that include view and menu, 2 positions Manettino – D-Pad + Xbox Guide button
- 2 pedal set with throttle and brake that have adjustable angle of inclination for each pedal.
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER VIDEO REVIEW
No videos available
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER GALLERY