Thrustmaster has revealed a new wheel for the Xbox One, this time catering towards the entry-level market. The 458 Spider Racing wheel will be a full featured racing wheel, officially licensed by Ferrari, in the sub-$100 price range.
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER FULL REVIEW
The 7/10 replica (11-inches in diameter) wheel will feature a bungee cord system, providing linear resistance through the 240 degrees of rotation. The wheel also features all the buttons for use on the Xbox One, including the Xbox Guide button, 9 action buttons, a two-position manettino dial, and a D-pad on the engine start button. The wheel also features a Kinect LED for controller pairing.
The 2-pedal set on the 458 Spider can also be adjusted to suit the drivers preferences. The brake pedal also features progressive resistance to provide a realistic feel from a budget set.
With a MSRP of $99.99 and release date of April 14th, 2014, the Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel is poised to provide a great solution for the Xbox One racer looking for a more realistic experience than a gamepad, but doesn’t want to shell out $300+ on a high-end racing wheel. For more information on the wheel, you can check out Thrustmaster’s official page. What do you guys think of the wheel?
- Compatibility: It’s compatible with the Xbox One only
- Pricing: It retails for just under $100
- Force Feedback: NO
- Warranty: One year in the U.S. and two years in some European countries
- Degrees of Rotation: 240 – With 4 adjustable presets for sensitivity
- Mechanism: Bungie system that creates a center spring feel.
- Mounting: Desk or table clamp only for the wheel.
- Rim: 11”/28 cm in diameter rim made of plastic with rubber grips.
- Rim Swap: NO
- Paddle Shifters: 2 Metal wheel-mounted
- Buttons: 9 action buttons that include view and menu, 2 positions Manettino – D-Pad + Xbox Guide button
- 2 pedal set with throttle and brake that have adjustable angle of inclination for each pedal.
This is definitely an entry level setup, but we recommend stepping it up and going with something that has force feedback.
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER VIDEO REVIEW
No videos available
THRUSTMASTER 458 SPIDER GALLERY