Sector3 Studios has released the October update for RaceRoom Racing Experience, bringing some new features, as well as the WTCC pack to their sim.
This latest update brings five cars from the 2013 WTCC Championship to R3E, and you’ll be able to try before you buy. Yep, you’ve heard that correctly. Sector3 has rolled out the “Test Drive” feature for RaceRoom Racing Experience. You will now be able to try any car in the sim, free of charge.
Another welcome addition to the sim is the automatic detection of degrees of rotation for wheels. The software will automatically set the ideal wheel range for a car, based on the settings in the profiler. You can also manually tweak settings to your liking via the setup screen.
Besides these highlights, there are many more updates for the sim, making it one of the most packed ones yet. Time of Day has been implemented, giving you five presets, from early morning to late afternoon. A couple more tracks (Monza, Hungaroring, and Suzuka) have been updated to utilize the latest graphical and mesh updates, as part of the RoadFeel system R3E has implemented. These tracks will have a more dynamic Force Feedback feel to them, which I personally feel to be a great improvement.
For a full list of updates in the latest update, you can check out the changelog below. Have you given the WTCC content for RaceRoom Racing Experience a spin? What are your thoughts on it? Let us know in the comments!
– Test Drive. Test any car for free.
– Time of Day. Choose different time of day settings from sunrise to sunset to change the mood of your session.
– Wheel Range in Car Setup. The game now automatically detects and sets the ideal wheel range for a car based on your wheel and its settings in the driver. This can also be manually changed in car setup.
– WTCC Seat Leon
– WTCC Chevrolet Cruze
– WTCC Lada Granta
– WTCC BMW E90 320
– WTCC Honda Civic
– Fixed an issue where the grid positions were not based on qualifying performance of the drivers when doing Single Race without Qualifying.
– Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck with an “Already in a competition” message when entering a competition, backing out of it from car/livery selection menu and then trying to enter another competition.
– Fixed an issue where user could not change the value in brake vibration under FFB settings.
– Fixed an issue where during rolling start on Zandvoort, AI would finish their first lap when crossing the start line.
– Added code to automatically set wheel range and steering lock if the steering wheel supports it.
– Added steering setup screen under Car setup.
– Added so the user can override default wheel range and steering lock on a per car basis.
– Enabled Car setup for everyone (goes directly to steering setup if in novice or amateur)
– Removed steering lock from Control Set (Since it’s now stored per car if the user override the default value).
– Decreased font size on car setup steeppers if the text doesn’t fit
– Fixed issue with timing screen scroll position
– Fixed issue with steering wheel spinning by itself in race monitor.
– Updated localisation.
– Fixed so that the default control sets now show up in the menus if 1 of the devices that it’s using have been connected.
– Added livery id checks when clients join MP servers as opposed to just checking whether the user owns the content or not.
AI & Audio & Physics & Controllers & Camera
– Increased AI type grip on all cars.
– Tweaked AI speed in Hungaroring.
– Tweaked Suzuka Get Real AI speed.
– Corrected front right spring strength and spring rates of Audi R8 Lms Ultra GTM.
– Updated Monza with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
– Updated Hungaroring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
– Updated Suzuka with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
– Removed Dashboard.
– Newsfeed is now under My Profile.
– Changed the look and feel of the portal store page and portal menus.
– Added News & deals section.
– Implemented Test Drive.
– Implemented Time of day support.
– Various optimizations in the backend.
– Fixed so that the big livery image is properly centered.
– Made the default livery clickable again for a larger image.
– Fixed a scaling issue on images that appeared in favourite cars.
– Fixed alignment issues on popups about required content to join an event.
– Added Resend Activation Email Functionality when user tries to login with an account that is not yet activated.