To some this may come as a total surprise, others might have already seen the leaks, anyway, the last of four expansion packs for Project CARS 2 has landed, and it is a special one – the Ferrari Essentials Pack, featuring 8 cars and 2 tracks!
Not Your Usual Ferraris
The Ferrari Essentials Pack is really able to set itself apart with some of its car choices and offers a broad selection of vehicles from all over Ferrari’s history. The list reads as follows:
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
- Ferrari 512 BB LM
- Ferrari F40
- Ferrari F355 Challenge (Author’s note: for real-life sound-insanity, see this video)
- Ferrari FXX K
- Ferrari 458 Speciale A
- Ferrari F12tdf
And the Tracks?
Not one but two tracks made the cut for the latest Project CARS 2 expansion – Mugello Circuit and Pista di Fiorano. Especially the latter could be exciting to some, and makes Project CARS 2 the only current sim to offer two official test tracks (In case you are wondering, the second one in question is Porsche’s).
Season pass owners will receive the pack free of charge. Others can purchase it via Steam or the Xbox/ PlaySation stores.
A New Update
No new content without changes under the hood. Read what is new in version 1.7 of Project CARS 2 right below.
- Fixed occasional stability issues.
- Improved usability of in-game tools.
- Improved AI ability at various tracks.
- Improved the penalty system.
- Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
- Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
- Improved track-limit zones.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.
- Various improvements, fixes and optimisations.