Sony has announced via their official Playstation Blog that Driveclub is headed for Playstation VR! The exclusive to Playstation title is scheduled for release some time in the 4th quarter of 2016. Playstation VR players will be able to enjoy the adapted version of the original title in VR, meaning the game is not just a direct port from the already released Driveclub.
Sony will include more than 80 cars in Driveclub VR and to compliment the original circuits in the title, the VR version will include several new circuits for players to race on. Additionally, there will also be some new game modes to mix it up for people that may have already been acquainted with the original title.
Judging by the screenshots we see here, several different countries have been featured in the title. To name a few, Norway, Japan and Scotland are clearly visible. Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director on Driveclub, confirmed on Twitter that the title will feature five new urban locations for players to experience in immersive VR!
It will be interesting to see just how Playstation VR stacks up when compared to the established PC VR headsets. Playstation will at least be the first console to support VR and what better way to do that than with some great racing titles being ready to go when the Playstation VR headset is launched!
List of official game modes as posted on the Playstation Blog:
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations
- A closer look: Every car is recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.