Kunos Simulazioni have made their v1.03 update available for the PS4 version of Assetto Corsa. The update weighs in at around 2.27GB and includes several fixes, improvements and free content. To kick things off, the issues that many players had with the game subsequent to its initial release (the choppy framerate and screen tearing), happily, have now been addressed. XBOX One owners will have to wait a little longer for their version. The update’s release date has not yet been revealed, although, it should not be too long before it appears online.
As previously reported, the new content includes the Blackcat County road course and the new Maserati Levante SUV. Additionally, Kunos have entered a new technical partnership with the Italian company SPARCO, manufacturers of high quality racing equipment and safety gear. Just how this partnership will manifest itself is anyone’s guess right now. We will definitely be keeping an eye out for any developments regarding SPARCO and Kunos.
Full List Of Fixes And Improvements for Update v1.03 PS4 version:
- Framerate is now smoother.
- Screen tearing issues have now been resolved.
- Players will now be able to select their starting position in the race options screen. • Gamepad algorithms have been improved, resulting in better handling.
- On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will now recognize the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ button in the start screen.
- A ‘Reset to Default’ option has now been added that resets the gamepad settings to recommended values.
- Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
- A new option has been added which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to a degree of their choice.
- 2 additional difficulty levels have been added – ‘Very Easy’ and ‘Very Hard’.
- AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
- Algorithms have been improved.
FREE BONUS CONTENT!
- The Black Cat County track is now available as part of Update v 1.03: Get ready to enjoy its three different configurations: Long, Short and Intermediate!
- This fictional scenery comes with a bonus FREE car model, the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV! This is a great chance to enjoy the advanced physics level of the simulation with a different kind of vehicle.
- The latest update introduces a new technical partnership with SPARCO, an Italian company that designs, produces and sells motorsport safety equipment, seats and more. Some exciting opportunities to come in the future! In the meantime you can enjoy the all-new dedicated suits and gloves featured in the latest update of Assetto Corsa.