With E3 having just kicked off, Kunos Simulazioni has released the first official gameplay footage for upcoming PC racer Assetto Corsa Competizione!
Track? Monza. Car? Nissan GTR GT3.
The trailer kicks off not with a car blasting around a track at way-to-fast mph, but rather shows a Nissan GTR GT3 at a stand-still, with the virtual driver having to go through the real starting procedure for the car.
After the driver takes off and the lap progresses, there are many things to notice compared to Assetto Corsa:
- Engine starts are now supported
- A new helmet cam was added
- Animations seem very smooth (most likely a result of motion capturing)
- New sounds and graphics (obviously)
- A “race engineer” now informs the driver of the current session status (at 2:30 in the trailer)
These are only a few examples. You can check out the full trailer above!
Should you be attending E3 this year, you can have a crack at Assetto Corsa Competizione yourself. Kunos Simulazioni has set up camp at the Thrustmaster booth.