Tim Wheatley from Image Space Incorporated, the producers of the rFactor series of sim racing titles, has released the build notes for the newest rFactor 2 build 1098 and Fallston Mottor Speedway teaser. With this new 1098 build, Tim reveals that there are multiple fixes and features for rFactor 2 racers to try out. To name but a few features, there will include some new tyre fixes, “fuel mixture adjustment” for race strategy, and custom setups are now remembered upon rejoining. Please scroll down for the complete 1098 build notes.
Fallston Motor Speedway Teaser
Continuing their 3PA program, Image Space Incorporated are working on a new Oval track dubbed the ”Fallston Motor Speedway”, which is derived from the real world ”Bristol Motor Speedway.” These preview screenshots depict the development progress being made on this new short course NASCAR oval, headed for rFactor 2!
The currently named Bristol Motor Speedway, which earlier in its history was formerly known as the Bristol International Raceway or Bristol Raceway, is a short track NASCAR oval. Opened in 1961 with a construction cost of $600,00, the oval is located on Speedway Boulevard, Bristol, Tennessee, USA.
The 0.533 mi (0.858 km) concrete paved, thirty degree banked oval is a popular fixture on the NASCAR calendar, with such events as the NASCAR Sprint Series, Food City 500, Bass Pro Shops NRA Night race, NASCAR Xfinity Series, Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 and Food City 300 taking place annually. As an added string to its bow, the oval can also be transformed into a 0.533 mi (0.858 km) twenty-four degree banked temporary clay Dirt Oval. As of yet, there has been no mention from ISI of a possible release date.
– Session starting times now default to track GDB values rather than always 9am.
– Changed default for Controller.JSON value “Use thread” from “true” to “false”.
– TTool: added a way to set the Surface Load Goal during Quasi Static Analysis, rather than using Surface Height directly
– Restore garage setup upon race rejoin, if server’s Multiplayer.JSON setting “Race Rejoin” is set to the new value of 3. Note this may be used to restore the fixed setup when that feature is enabled.
– Added mixture adjustment.
– Added diffusive adhesion to tire model
– Tire planar contact compliances can now be adjusted based on tire pressure, etc
– Added ability to automatically mirror tires rather than re-running TTool tests on a mirrored tire.
– Various fixes for multiple pitlanes tracks.
– For rear flap rules, check track wetness in all sessions, not just race by default.
– Fixed bug where if an AI retires early due to mechanical failure & doesn’t make it completely off the road (to the right), AI following him might try to avoid him….by turning straight into him.
– When the player’s car is under AI control & the race finishes, he will now retire to the pits and stay retired.
– Changed the way FFB gets ‘paused’ to avoid halts with certain FFB drivers.
– Fix for 2nd pitlane cars not finding the right pitlane in race.
– Fixed exploit that could allow people to change the fuel level when that wasn’t supposed to be allowed.
– Fixed some issues with virtual vehicles not showing up in car list.
– Fixed AI cars in pitlane when yellow flag gets thrown getting confused about what they are doing.
– Anisotropic filter setting fixed for gJED GMTs.
Known issue (see knownissues.txt):
– Lost wheel intermittent repair after driver change, possibly more likely with higher damage percent set. ‘Normal’ damage repairs function as intended.