Two weeks ago, readers on Redbull.com’s website were asked to vote in the Reader’s Racing Game of the Year 2016! According to the website, thousands of players voted for what they thought was the best sim racing title of 2016. The results of the vote were posted today by Phil Barker on their official website.
As we can see, there are some rather well known titles that did not make the cut. Notable omissions for me are RaceRoom Racing Experience, Automobilista, iRacing Project CARS and rFactor 2. According to Phil Barker, there was a vigorous debate on just how the list was put together.
Readers were given the choice of the ten titles you see here below. They were permitted to make a maximum of five selections from the list in order to determine which of RedBull.com’s top ten sim racing games would come out on top!
Assetto Corsa walks away with the top spot for this year, a close second was Dirt Rally, with a rather large gap to third placed Forza Horizon 3. Kunos Simulazioni’s wide ranging appeal across all three major platforms and their prolific DLC releases during the course of the year have done them proud and garnered them RedBull.com’s sim racing game of the year 2016!
Given the ten titles below, what would your top ten look like? Feel free to let us know in the comments section here below how you would vote. If you did vote in the RedBull poll, let us know which title you chose as the best sim racing game of 2016.
Top ten sim racing games of 2016 as voted by the readers of RedBull.com:
1. Assetto Corsa (29 percent of the vote)
2. DiRT Rally (27.2 percent of the vote)
3. Forza Horizon 3 (13.6 percent of the vote)
4. F1 2016 (12.8 percent of the vote)
5. WRC 6 (4 percent of the vote)
6. Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (3.9 percent of the vote)
7. Ride 2 (3.4 percent of the vote)
8. MXGP 2 (2.3 percent of the vote)
9. Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo (2 percent of the vote)
10. Trackmania Turbo (1.8 percent of the vote)
*Image Source RedBull.com