It has nearly been two months since we first saw Anderstorp Raceway in RaceRoom, when the Swedish developer Sector3 Studios announced the track. To continue the Wednesday/ Thursday release tradition, Sector3 Studios has now released the track for RaceRoom and has also provided a trailer, which you can view above.
What you get
For 299 Virtual Racing Points (VRP) you get the nearly 50-year-old Swedish track in two layouts. The Grand Prix Layout, which is roughly four kilometres long, and the South Layout, which is two kilometres long.
If you want to know more about the track, you can check out our blog covering the initial announcement.
Should the trailer, which Sector3 Studios provided, not satisfy you or you wish to see more of the track, you can check out Billy Strange hammering the recently released BMW M6 GT3 around a pre-release version of the track here.
In addition to the track, a small patch has been released. A number of smaller issues have been taken care of and some minor features have been added. For example, there is now a “Allow Players Join in Qualifying” option in multiplayer.
You can view the full changelog below
- Fixed an issue where time allowed to give a position was showing 15 seconds instead of 30.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes received a penalty while on grid at the start of MP race.
- Added a 2 second period during which the yellow flag causer still can be overtaken after he/she has fulfilled the criteria for not causing a yellow anymore.
- Increased the speed threshold needed to release a yellow flag.
- Added a setting “Stay in Practice Session if Empty” to turn on/off session freeze to dedi. If ON, the server will stay in practice session if it’s empty. If OFF the server will continue to qualifying even if it’s empty.
- Added a setting “Allow Players Join in Qualifying” to allow/disallow players join during Qualifying. If OFF players can’t join during Qualifying. If ON players can join during Qualifying.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:
- Mclaren 650s: Camera update following the steering wheel alignment fix.
- Suzuka: Fixed BMW procar going wide in 130R and fixed too harsh 130R cut rules
- McLaren 650s GT3: Fixed alignment of the steering wheel.
Portal & Backend:
- Fixed some inconsistencies with competition starting and ending time being x hours off depending on the players local time difference to UTC.