Well known Aussie modding team, MAK-Corp, have made their Group C mod v0.96 available for download on the Steam Workshop. Cars included in this mod are the 1991 Group C Mazda 787B, Porsche 962C and the Sauber C11. All three cars in the mod bring a fearsome reputation with them, these now historic racing cars are absolute handfuls to drive on any circuit! MAK-Corp have ensured that the cars in this newly updated rFactor2 mod possess realistic physics, tyre models and compounds.
The early to mid 90s were heady days for Group C cars, the competition was fierce, with all three of these cars battling one another for wins at classic circuits such as Le Mans. In 1991, Mazda became the first (and up until current day, the only) Japanese manufacturer to win the classic 24 hours of Le Mans! With their Rotary engined Mazda 787b, drivers Volker Weidler, Johnny Herbert and Bertrand Gachot piloted the car to victory.
Subscribers to the Workshop will receive their updates for this mod automatically. Players of the title who have not yet migrated to Steam will have to wait another day or two before they can update the mod and sample the changes to these seriously fast Group C cars.
Available models and their modders:
- 1991 Sauber C11 model produced by Dmitriy Barishev.
- 1991 Mazda 787B model produced by Ionut Nicolaescu, updated by Dmitriy Barishev.
- 1991 Porsche 962C model produced by Dmitriy Barishev.
- Unique physics for each vehicle.
- Unique engine sounds for each vehicle.
- 1991 Sauber C11 – 4,973 cc (303.5 cu in) HL 90° 5.0L Turbo V8 Twin KKK Turbos Mid, longitudinally mounted.
- 1991 Mazda 787B – Mazda R26B 2616 cc 4-rotornaturally aspirated. Mid-engined, longitudinally mounted.
- 1991 Porsche 962C – Flat-6, aircooled, 2 valves per cyliner, single turbo 2.9/3.0/3.2 L 1991: watercooled heads, 4 valves per cylinder, twin-turbo 3.0/3.2
Full list of fixes and improvements for the 0.96 update:
- Guimengo skin IP removed and redone.
- New 787b skins added.
- Fuzzy windscreen issue fixed.
- Graphical fixes.
- Sounds updated.
- Updated: Suspension geometry. It brings a more balanced handling of the car, it makes the tyres perform better.
- Updated: Both engines suffered changes on torque curve and turbo. These changes enhance each engine characteristics and make them easier to drive.
- Updated: Suspension geometry. It brings a more balanced handling of the car, it makes the tires perform better.
- Added: Engine now use Mixture feature to bring two possibilities of power and fuel consumption (1/2 save mode, near 680 HP) and (2/2 fast mode, near 700 HP). You must add two keys to control the mixture in car because this new feature is not present at the car’s setup yet. You will feel a change on power output, giving to the driver more control, a bit less of final speed, and near 10% less fuel consumption.
- Reduced performance (+2s per lap)
- Added fuel mixtures adjustment
- Reduced clutch friction
- Fixed engine empty tank bug
- Adjusted AI rain tires wear
- Added some captions on settings screen (turbo, engine brake, brake duct,…)