Codemasters have announced the release date for Dirt 4, their first new Dirt franchise instalment in five years. The studio confirmed that Dirt 4 will be available for all platforms on the 6th of June, 2017. Dirt has been one of Codemaster’s most successful sim racing franchises to date. As is the norm with new releases, the off-road game will sport improvements and new features.
The title will feature a rather unique new ”rally route creation tool” which means that players will have the possibility to create their own tailor-made rally stages. This opens the feature up for players to set a time on and then share their newly created stage with friends. The new rally route creation tool feature has been explained with more detail in today’s official press release from Deep Silver and Codemasters.
Excerpt from today’s official press release:
DiRT 4 sports an all-new system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique stages at the touch of a button. Choosing your location and setting the route parameters , Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Judging by the screenshots in our official gallery, there will be a good mixture of off-road vehicles to go rallying in. Dirt 4 players will be able to choose between off-road buggies, trucks, both classic and modern era rally cars and FIA homologated WRC present day machines. We can also see some familiar Aussie bush surroundings featured in the WRC Ford Fiesta screens and other interesting screenshots showing several views of what appears to be cars racing on a rally-cross circuit.
Dirt 4 Gallery
With a few more months to go, the build up to Dirt 4’s release will surely have eager fans marking the 6th of June down in their sim racing calendars. If you have played Dirt Rally or the previous instalments, do let us know what your thoughts are on the title and which of the key features you see here below you are most looking forward to in the comments section of this article.
Key Features of Dirt 4 as per the official press release:
• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
• 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
• LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
• JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
• DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
• CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
• COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
• NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
• TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
• DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.