Brazilian Reiza Studios has once again updated its racing simulator Automobilista, bringing up the version count to 1.4.76. The update is not major, however, it does add some small and nifty features and a lot of fixes.
What kinds of features?
There are three stand-out features which were added: A driving line aid, force feedback for XInput devices (controllers) and dynamic ambient/ track temperatures.
The first two especially highlight how an in-depth racing simulator like Automobilista is still trying to cater for those who are not able to or do not want to afford a super-fancy sim rig for their computer – which is nice!
Some other nifty tweaks also made it into yesterday’s update. For example, it is now possible to refresh the input devices, when in the corresponding settings screen. A nice touch, to make things easier.
The same goes for several UI tweaks that have been applied. Even the AI has been furtherly improved.
As far as graphics go, Reiza has added advanced anti aliasing options for Nvidia users and DynHUD has been disabled by default, for those who have been experiencing issues – at least, until said issues have been fixed.
Below, you can find the full changelog attached for your reading pleasure.
IMPORTANT: Please note that in this update DynHUD has been disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked out – if however you were not experiencing crashes or any DynHUD-related problems you may enable it back on by unticking the option to disable it in AMS Config.
For Nvidia Users: We have introduced advanced AntiAliasing settings in the Config application, your settings should be auto upgraded, but feel free to take a look and adjust as you please.
Below is the Changelog for v1.4.72 -> v1.4.76:
- Added Config app option to disable DynHUD, disabled by default while some reliability issues are worked on (if you experienced no problems you may re-enable DynHUD by unticking the option in AMS Config)
- Added support for advanced Nvidia Control Panel settings in the Config application so Nvidia Antialiasing settings can be configured straight from AMS Config)
- Added Driving Line Aid (it adapts in real time to how fast you are going to give you updated information)
- Speed Sensitivity is now customized for each vehicle
- Added dynamic ambient / track temperatures, configurable via Track GDB, & configured ambient Track Temps at all default circuits according to real weather data
- Corrected sunrise / sunset times for better accuracy
- Season Tool: Fix userdata failure when Windows username contains non ascii latin1 characters
- Added FFB for XInput Devices (may require loading of Controller Preset of Xbox Controller for it to start working, depending on your current settings. Support for one XInput FFB device only, limits all FFB to 90hz)
- Added Refresh Connected Devices button to Controllers page, available from main & in-session menus
- Made XInput built in deadzones configurable in the Controller.ini (also halved the amount from previous build)
- Minor tweaks to Controller Damping Presets
- Added Dedicated Server options to allow driving line or not
- Added options to use predefined profiles in Dedicated Server and in Game Server for game difficulty
- Made game DPIAware, so that the game formats correctly on PCs using non 100% scaling setting
- Added actual game version to the Windows game window
- Tweaked Tool Tip and Icon placement top right of screens in general
- Adjusted Difficulty Settings page to be more organized
- Added long spinner UI option so text doesn’t get cut off with Controller Profile names or User Profile names
- Adjusted In Game Monitor screen, tidied up the UI in general and organized. Added Session Info button which shows the general information about the current session. Online adjusted vote and server details options. Added Servername and Message of the day to the Server Info button.
- Adjusted Garage page to hide pit stop options when pits not available. Made Session Info accessible from Garage Page and reorganized UI elements slightly
- Reorganized Setup File browser and added non editable notes element to the Setup Browser
- Improved AI Behaviour on Formation / Standing Start
- Improved AI Behaviour behind Safety Car on Rolling Starts and SC periods
- Adjusted Safety Car to take Fastest Line rather than a middle of the road line
- AI cars now lift less under blue flag in race condition, and not at all in practice / qual for other AI cars as a temporary measure to avoid AI cars going off track (better blue flag logic currently under development)
- Fixed possible Granja 1 & Adelaide GDB online mismatches
- Foz: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
- Ibarra: fixed inner collision corridor at hairpin; fixed the headlight beams going up to the mountains; fixed specular levels on the road patches; slight tweak to AI performance
- Adelaide: Fixed AI lining up after formation lap
- Ascurra: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
- Velopark: Updated model to feature 2017 modifications & terrain textures to latest standards
- SuperV8: Adjusted fuel consumption estimates
Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.7_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.
If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).
If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.