Reiza Studios have made their Automobilista update v1.15 and Legendary Tracks Part 1 DLC available for download on Steam. The update introduces numerous fixes and improvements for the PC only sim racing title. It also heralds the debut of the Autodromo Enzo & Dino Ferrari circuit, or as most people know it as simply, Imola.
The first instalment of the Legendary Tracks DLC highlights Imola through the ages and showcases the circuit as it was raced on in 1972, 1988, 2001 and present day 2016. Meanwhile, many of the fixes and improvements in this 1.15 update focus around several car models from physics to AI tweaks. Updated integration with newer Logitech drivers has been postponed for the next build, which Reiza now says is not necessary at this moment. We have listed the complete changelog and Imola historic era descriptions for you here below.
If you would like to take a trip down memory lane and drive the historic versions of Imola, the Legendary Tracks Part 1 DLC can be had for $ 5.99 US in the Steam Store right now! The next DLC pack from Reiza is scheduled for an early December 2016 release.
Reiza Studio’s Imola Circuit Description:
Host of the San Marino GP for 26 years, Imola is a venue full of history where racing gods have risen and fallen. This pack features 4 distinct versions of this legendary track from 4 different decades – 1972, 1988, 2001 and 2016.
In the raw, classic, and dangerously fast original layout last used in 1972 your nerves will be tested as you blast through the picturesque roads, with no chicanes and no run-off areas – an old style, high speed blast surrounded by trees and armco.
The 1988 version featured the chicanes at Acque Mineralli, the top of the hill (Variante Alta) and at the end of the lap (Variante Basa). This is the layout that hosted many classic races in the late 80s and early 90s, until Ayrton Senna´s tragic accident at the then high speed Tamburello corner.
The 2001 version saw reforms to improve safety after the accidents of 1994, with chicanes added to the Tamburello and Villeneuve sweepers. The track remained an unique challenge, in which drivers had to balance cars around the high curbs in order to be fast. Michael Schumacher mastered this layout winning there 6 times.
Finally the modern 2016 version, which has brought back the high speed nature of the track by creating a flat-out section from the exit of Rivazza all the way to the Tamburello chicane.
Now it´s your turn to revisit the history of the legendary Imola circuit in Automobilista!
Gallery Of Imola Through The Ages:
Full List Of Fixes And Improvements In Update v1.15:
Cars (Only Available for BRIT PACK and / or season pass owners):
- Added Ultima GTR Standard Road Series (less powerful than the original 720 model)
Tracks (Only Available for IMOLA and / or season pass owners):
- Added 4 versions of Imola – 1972, 1988, 2001, 2016
Features & Fixes
- Opponent filters now listed alphabetically in session menu
- Added vehicle configuration menu to Multiplayer car selection screen
- Slightly toned down AI aggression when near other cars for all tracksRe
- Moved the fields with wrong info from AMS Config
- Added Memory load warning when approaching application limit
- Fixed shader initialization bug with could cause tire textures to become darkened in saved replays
- Added warning messages for Pit Lane Closed & Open during multiplayer start procedures for players starting from the pits
- Increased Multiplayer pre-race time from the 30s to the 60s
- Switched penalty for leaving the pits under a red light after race start from DQ to stop/go (penalty when leaving before the start remains DQ)
- Updated UI sound effects
- Several track limit detections and tweaks at Interlagos, Mendig, Montreal, Granja, VIR, Salvador & Supertruck layouts
- Adjusted collision feelers for better detection, slightly improved behavior & AI awareness
- Corrected engine sound panning for cars with alternative driver seat positions
- Minor DFV sound update
- Corrected pit menu settings for brit pack cars
- Updated road & terrain properties for Brands, Cadwell & Oulton
- Brands: Rebuilt GP layout AIW in hope of fixing reported online freezing issues
- Cadwell: Fixed issue with falling through terrain on right-hand side just before mountain turns
- Oulton: Moved tire stacks on apexes back by about 20cm; Improved wrong way messages when running wide on straight after Cascades (may still occur in some circumstances); Adjusted AI line through Druids in International layout
- Spielberg: Adjusted AI line through the last corner
- Mini: Minor adjustment to onboard engine sounds
- StockV8: Corrected Julio Campos driver number
- Metalmoro: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Boxer Cup: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Superkart: Fixed low-res mirrors
- F-V10: Added community Team Cosmo; Adjusted default setup; increased soft tire wear rate
- Metalmoro: Added community driver
- Kart: Fixed error in damage file
- F-Vintage: Fixed material name with gold rims which could cause GMT errors
- F-Vee: Fixed unrealistic front suspension animation
- Ultima GTR: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- F-Trainer: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- MRC2000: Various physics adjustments;Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties; Added left driver side configuration
- Caterhams: Fixed Oil and Water gauges; added headlights for cockpit view; Added roll cage to driver side configuration; Adjusted drag coefficient; Revised tires in all models; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- OBS: Steam Achievements are being phased in over the next couple of weeks. You may notice some basic Achievements popping up in the meantime.
- OBS2: Updated integration with newer Logitech drivers has been postponed for the next build (no need to update drivers just yet).
- OBS3: If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.1.1 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.