After the initial release of Assetto Corsa version 1.12, adding the Audio Sport Quattro S1, the “Highlands” track and various other fixes and improvements, Kunos Simulazioni has released a few additional hotfixes over the last couple of days.
Version 1.12.2 added six new special events on various layouts of the new “Highlands” tracks. Two for “Highlands Long”, Two for “Highlands”, one for “Highlands Short” and another one for “Highlands Drift”.
Positional Audio for VR
What started as a request by the community in October last year, has now been added to the game via the update to version 1.12.3 – Positional audio for VR users.
When you move in VR, you will move in the sound space instead of the sound space moving with you. Say, you are sat in a rear-engined car in VR and turn your head to the left, you will now hear the engine roaring from the left too and not from the back, turn your head back and the engine sound and all other sound will “move” accordingly.
Apart from the above mentioned, a lot of fixes and improvements have been added as well. So, for you reading pleasure, the official changelogs are listed below.
– skin template added for the new Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
– Fixed Ferrari LaFerrari erratic aero behavior on Highland high speed jumps
– Fixed shadows caster on grass at highlands long
– Tweaked city surface ffb effects at highlands, long and drift
– Fixed mirrors UV on Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
– Fixed Lotus 98T yellow tyre wear indicator on new tyres.
– Updated Lotus 98T performance envelope by tyres, diffuser and front wing ride height sensitivity and other changes.
– Fixed Tatuus FA01 tyre compound wear
– Updated acServer with a fix for bookmark registration mode
– Added IGNORE_RESULT_TELEPORT in system/cfg/options.ini to avoid teleport to pit at the end of each online session.
– Updated walls on highlands track in order not to use them as advantage
– Improved Oculus rift “mirror texture” framerate
– Added option to turn Oculus “mirror texture” off in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/oculus.ini
– Fixed Fanatec wheels rotation angle forced to 800 degrees
– Fixed sudden disconnection in booking mode: now it happens at the end of race’s result screen
– Fixed timed race in shared memory
– Fixed 595 Abarth AI stopping in x86
– Fixed OculusVR rendering of distant objects with Post Processing enabled
– Fixed Shelby Cobra front tyre heating typo and tyre pressure setup range
– Fixed Porsche 911 Turbo S automatic downshift bug
– Improved brake steer algorithms for low speeds for
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 R
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 918 Spyder
Porsche Panamera Turbo
– Improved Porsche 918 spyder brake performance
– Corrected McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 spyder acceleration performance
– Fixed LaFerrari wrong sample pitch on coast
– Current time is now smoothed out in replays
– Added new Special Events on Highlands track
– Fixed AI App crash with mod tracks
– Audio is now following head rotation/offset in VR correctly
– Audio driver swap is now only effective after restarting acs
– Fixed Abarth 595 automatic gearbox 2nd->3rd gearchange indecision.
– Fixed AI unable to correctly manage slow corners with low grip in pitlane
Some words about audio driver swap: in the in-game audio app, there’s a list of device drivers (if available) you can select. In order to switch speakers configuration properly, once selected the audio driver you need to exit game (come back to the launcher) and then start it again.