Gran Turismo 6 continues a steady stream of updates with their latest update, 1.05, going live today. The most significant feature in Update 1.05 is the implementation of multi-monitor compatibility. Three screens are always better than one. Would not be surprised to see triple screens coming to the latest iteration of GT Academy later this year.
Other updates include additional features in the Open Lobby, Car Search feature added to the Cars section of My Home (should help sorting through the massive catalog), sale of racing gear in individual colors, additional adjustments, including brake balance, to the karts and increments of front-to-rear torque split has been changed from 5 to 1 for all cars.
You can view Update 1.05 in its entirety below:
Additional Features in the Open Lobby
– [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.
– It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].
– It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.
– It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.
– In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.
[Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.
A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.
Sale of Racing Gear in Individual Colors
The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.
Kart Adjustments Options Expanded
– [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.
– [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.
– An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.
– The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.