The promised February update for Gran Turismo Sport, adding the promised twelve new cars, two new track layouts and three new GT League Events, has arrived!
Many guesses have been floating around as to which cars were actually pictured on the teaser image posted by Kazunori Yamauchi. As it turns out, many of those guesses were right. Here is the full list of cars:
- Alpine A110 1600S ’72 (N100)
- Alpine A110 Première Édition ’17 (N300)
- Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ‘07 (N400)
- De Tomaso Pantera ’71 (N300)
- Dodge Challenger R/T ’70 (N400)
- Ford Mustang Mach 1 ’71(N300)
- Gran Turismo F1500T-A (Gr.X)
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 ’11 (N700)
- Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car ‘16 (Gr.X)
- Subaru Falken Tire / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ ’17 (Gr.X)
- Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A ’88 (N300)
- Toyota MR2 GT-S ’97 (N200)
Just for reference and in case you were not aware, this is what the Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car is capable of:
A new track sadly did not make into this month’s content update, but two new layouts did. Both are part of the Blue Moon Bay Speedway, come with a reverse version each and run through the infield. Coincidentally, they are named:
“Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield A” Layout (Reverse: “Infield A II” Layout)
“Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield B” Layout (Reverse: “Infield B II” Layout)
GT League Events
Apart from the content, a couple of changes were made to the base game as well, as the changelog below reveals. The update is available now, for free!
Main Features Implemented
1. Campaign Mode
– The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
・ Beginner’s League “Stars & Stripes”
・ Amateur League “Dream Car Championship”
・ Professional League “F1500 Championship”
・ “Sunday Cup” Round 6 and 7
・ “Clubman Cup” Round 6
・ “Premium Sport Lounge“ Round 4 and 5
・ ”Porsche Cup” Round 2
– “Monza Circuit” has been added to the “Circuit Experience”.
2. New Cars
– The following 12 cars have been added:
・ Alpine A110 1600S ’72
・ Alpine A110 Premiere Edition ’17
・ Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07
・ De Tomaso Pantera ’71
・ Dodge Challenger R/T ’70
・ Ford Mustang Mach 1 ’71
・ Gran Turismo F1500T-A
・ Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ’11
・ Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car ’16
・ Subaru Falken Tires / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ ’17
・ Toyota Supra 3.0GT TURBO A ’88
・ Toyota MR2 GT-S GT-S ’97
– The following 4 layouts for the “Blue Moon Bay Speedway” track have been added:
・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield A
・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield A II
・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield B
・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield B II
– “Snow” has been added to the special featured section.
5. Brand Central
– Additional Scapes spots have been added to Volkswagen.
6. Livery Editor
– When editing a vehicle with an existing livery such as a race car, the existing livery will no longer be removed until you start editing the paint, decals, or racing items. (When only the design of the wheels is changed, the original decals will be maintained);
– Added “Exposure Adjustment” to the livery editor options;
– The lowest value limit for the brightness of Black paint has been lowered.
– Added a [Recommended] page;
– Notification of users who liked or reposted your content will be displayed;
– You can now preview the liveries of cars within the car livery.
8. My Library
– It is now possible to preview the liveries of cars in the car livery section.
9. Race Photo
– The target car name is now displayed in the panning shot settings.
10. Sport Mode
– The Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and penalty judgement algorithms have been improved;
– In a collision between two cars, a penalty will now be added to the Driver Rating (DR) as well as incurring a Time Penalty depending on the situation;
– If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);
– A driver may now be disqualified from a race if the number of collisions and shortcuts they accumulate becomes too great;
– Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted and will not be subject to collisions. (Only enabled in Sport mode);
– It is now possible to submit grief reports for misconduct of other users.
11. Physics Simulation Model
– The active brake controls for the 4 wheel drive system (S-AWC) used in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition ’15 has been adjusted.
– Followers’ notifications will now be displayed in the notifications list of [My Menu].
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– It is now possible to display/hide layers while editing decals with the Livery Editor;
– A gallery has been added to the detailed user information page in Discover;
– Some of the Sport mode penalties will also apply to Lobby races;
– Various other issues have been addressed.