Polyphony Digital has released update 1.06 for Gran Turismo 6, bringing the GPS visualizer and data logger to the Playstation 3 racing title. The GPS visualizer is compatible with Toyota’s “Sports Drive Logger”, which takes the GPS data from driving on a track and can translate it into a replay file. The data logger allows you to analyze your driving data, including speed, acceleration, braking, and more.
Another addition is the ability to create custom rear wings for your car. You are able to select different wing mounts, style, and side winglets. You can also adjust the height and width of the wing to your liking.
For more information about the latest update, you can check out the changelog below. You can download the 295 MB update the next time you fire up Gran Turismo 6 on your Playstation 3.
Data Logger now available
[Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home”. The Data Logger will analyse the driving data stored on a replay file and will display it in a graph form, allowing users to view and compare the variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.
GPS Visualiser function introduced
[GPS Visualiser] has been added to the [TOOLS] sections in “My Home”. By driving a car equipped with the “Sports Drive Logger” (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage device, and then subsequently converted into a Replay file in-game. It will be possible to compare and analyse these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently compatible with the Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and the Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.
Custom Rear Wing option implemented
[Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Servicing] sections in “My Home”. You can choose a combinations of wing stays, wing and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note certain cars are not compatible with this feature.)
3DTV compatibility now added
A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
– From the Member list, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
– An “Overall Best” time is now displayed on screen while racing in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
– The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
– The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the “Event Settings” screen have been changed.
Other improvements and adjustments
– Traction Control System (TCS) will now only be force-activated when driving off-track in sand/gravel pits.
– The strength of the “Real” option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter with [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby] has been weakened.