Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 Setup for a real feel

4 posts in this topic

Ok i have had my G27 for about 7 months and love it. Now i have never driven a car in real life, and because of a disability i will never be able to. (unless someone really wants there car writen off haha)

I don't know how a car actually feels or should feel, and i want my G27 to be as close as i can get it to the real deal. All i have done is put my wheel to 900% but i feel that there is alot more to adjust then that.

I use the following simulators so if anyone has any setups regards to the G27 profile/ingame setups if you could share that would be great. I know alot will also depend on the cars but looking for an all rounder type of setup.

rFactor

iracing

RaceOn/GTR2

Thank you all! :D

My Race 07 Settings in Logitech Profiler:

Adjust degrees of rotation to your liking. 453 is what I use for Tin Tops. For open wheelers, I use 340 etc...

post-401-0-62144500-1378509080_thumb.jpg

There are a few more settings in Race 07 especially the Force Feedback. See what the default feels like to you first.

I use the same for rFactor but always remember to reverse the Force Feedback setting inside the rFactor game under control settings/force feedback. Move the slider all the way negative. If I can figure out how to screen shot some of my game settings, I'll post back.

I'm sorry I don't have links but I'm sure you can find these easily enough, they were the first things I searched for and found when I joined iracing.

There is a thread on iracing with the settings for each car, I think it's called the state of FFB. There is a big difference in feel and therefore the settings you need if you have linear checked on iracing. I don't have linear checked, it doesn't feel right to me and my settings usually differ from the suggestions in that thread.

There is another thread with a profiler that you can download, this tool helps you discover the minimum FFB setting required for your wheel so that you can feel the small bumps that would otherwise be lost. Mine is set at about 4% but your wheel may need it even higher. The tool makes this quicker to find but you could just use a trial and error approach. Start at something like 8% and if you feel the bumps in the road go down in 1% increments until you no longer feel the bumps then come back up in smaller increments until you feel the bumps again. I have found that this isn't a universal setting for me, when I set the FFB stronger or weaker for certain cars the minimum also needs to be adjusted. From memory the link to the profiler thread can be found in the state of FFB thread.