Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RFactor 2 demo.

15 posts in this topic

Doesn't run or look very good on my system. Low med or high settings just looks and runs terrible. Very disappointed at this point. Vista 32bit. Core 2 Duo 2.53ghz 4gb system ram. AMD HD 7770 1gb. iRacing looks awesome on this machine and will run smooth at highest settings I use a single 1080p display. Opinions?

^^ correct. 2 gig for 1 screen and 4gig or bigger for 3 screens so far, there is still optimization to come. remember 1 thing if you buy it = life is the better way to go than to pay yearly.

I should a least be able to get some good performance in a single car test I would think. I guess not. Is it normal for the track to load,well much slower than cough cough, the other sims?

My pc has a bit more power than yours but using a comparable card. Rfactor 2 didnt look great but ran fine for 2 months now it will freeze on me. No problems with iracing though.

My pc has a bit more power than yours but using a comparable card. Rfactor 2 didnt look great but ran fine for 2 months now it will freeze on me. No problems with iracing though.
With my system as described in first post,I have to run the RF2 demo with very low settings to have a playable game. I did notice on the video settings resolution screen it lists you system specs, it says my video card has 2048mb(2gb) when it actually has 1024mb(1gb). You said you also have an AMD HD7770,what does yours say?

I too was pretty disappointed with the rFactor 2 demo's visual quality... 100% maxed out settings, doesn't look that much better than rFactor 1 honestly.  They really should had made the jump to DX 10 or 11.  I'll be looking towards Assetto Corsa.

I too was pretty disappointed with the rFactor 2 demo's visual quality... 100% maxed out settings, doesn't look that much better than rFactor 1 honestly. They really should had made the jump to DX 10 or 11. I'll be looking towards Assetto Corsa.
Agreed.

With my system as described in first post,I have to run the RF2 demo with very low settings to have a playable game. I did notice on the video settings resolution screen it lists you system specs, it says my video card has 2048mb(2gb) when it actually has 1024mb(1gb).

You said you also have an AMD HD7770,what does yours say?

I use a gtx 560. I ment that it is a comparable card as far as specs go.

gfx is being worked on in every latest build still not there yet but a lot lot better than b4. i think you will find minium specs = minium graphics settings. as i have said b4 if you want to play these latest sims you need to start to update your pc..... old pc + new sim is not going to cut it, for those who mention iracing as they improve and take there sim frwd like RF2 you too will have to start updating. im just hoping 1 day they both get rid of XP and have 64bit..

Build 342 was the biggest improvement in graphics to date, I thought many of the non edited pics were edited, honestly.

true i think for those who still are unsure try the demo again if you can.