Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 63 - Jessicas DIY PC Build, iSpeed, Enthusia, TSC

12 posts in this topic

http://www.isrtv.com presents episode 63 of Inside Sim Racing sponsored by http://www.simraceway.com. For this episodes top story, Jessica Lopez and Shaun Cole build a gaming / racing PC from scratch, Darin Gangi and Shaun show you some external displays for iRacing and rFactor. Our retro review for this episode is Enthusia by Konami for the Playstation 2. We also put two more cars on the Top Simulation Cars of all time list, and both crack the top 5. One is from rFactor, one from GTR2. Hope you enjoy the show.

Eheh I just can't forget Jessica's enthusiasm at the begining of the DIY and midway her tone of voice changes completely; she was bored, maybe it's the assistant's fault :lol: .

Great episode, and I start to see more more humour along the way. Good way to go guys :mrgreen:

PS: Cart Factor is definitely one of the best mods atm

Enjoyed the episode especially the piece to telemetry programs. I have iSpeed (made donation) and love it! I think it's mandatory for iRacers. The DIY build was interesting as well! I would have liked to see the water cooling system installed but I understand that the traditional system made more sense both from a logistical perspective and the fact most of your viewers will be using a traditional heat sink + fan system.

Great job once again!

Wow, that was a long episode!!! I had to watch it in 2 parts, lol. Great job of putting it together, guys! I'm definitely going to have to downloadthe CARTFactor mod. It looks like they picked a great period in CART history to base the mod off of, aside from the great job done on it!

If Jessica lost her enthusiasm a bit as the build wore on, that's OK - I can say it; building a PC is boring! Of course, when it fires up the first time, it more than makes up for it. :D

Hi all

Can you guys PLEASE do a segment on how to install rfactor mods.

I have tried, and some do work but most don't.

Thanks guys

P.S Keep up the good work the shows great.

I would also like to see this. I have given up on adding new mods to rfactor...so many conflicts, computer crashes, etc. Its not a very clean way to do it. hopefully they will address this on rfactor 2. They should only let "approved" mods be able to be added to your system so they will operate properly.

Thanks,

Bob

great episode guys, always good to see the 'guts' of a PC!! :) keep up the fantastic work! maybe have a future segment on the best configuration of the operating system for sim racing?

Re. Babalu & brahim - I use 2 ways to add mods to rFactor - use a mod manager (rFactor Mod Manager by Alessandro Piemontesi - http://www.slipangle.it ) or use the rFactor Lite install from rfactorcentral to create multiple installs for each mod - so far seems to work.....

gratz for you job. all the episode i see for the moment are usefull and funny. :D

i just see episode 63 because of the mod super gt500 v2.5 and i realised, on your topsimcar you put the logo Rfactor to it (super gt500 in 4 place)and when a download it on nogrip its for gtr2. i dont know if you find a version for rfactor and if it yes... where?

thx again

knap

I watched this episode to check out the DIY build. Thank you for showing us how it is done. I also really enjoyed the retro review. In fact, my wife bought me a copy of Enthusia for Valentines Day. I've really enjoyed playing it today.

I watched this episode to check out the DIY build. Thank you for showing us how it is done. I also really enjoyed the retro review. In fact, my wife bought me a copy of Enthusia for Valentines Day. I've really enjoyed playing it today.

Enthusia is definitely cool and was ahead of it's time for force feedback and physics. Cool V Day gift !