Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What angle for triple screens?

5 posts in this topic

I just bought three 39" TVs to setup triple screens in Forza 4. I don't have three xboxes yet. Pursuing a few on Craigslist. Until I get them I am going to make either a shelf or mount to hold the TVs on my sim rig. Is there like a standard angle everybody is using or is it just whatever you think is best? With a 39" TV i am thinking I can close the side TVs in quite a bit and get a more immersive feel. What angle range is actually supported in Forza? I may just have to setup a temporary table or something and play around with the angles until I get one I like. Or, build an adjustable mount that I can tweak the angle with.

Any pictures af your triple screen setup and mount would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

I see this all the time.

The simplest way I have seen it put was just recently and made perfectly good sense.

Whichever screen you are looking at should be perfectly parallel with your eyes, or 90° perpindicular to your line of sight.

Just like the center screen is straight, then so should any other screen you turn your head to look at be straight also to your line of sight.

Way easier than all the math. And the result is the same. Regardless off screen size.

Just remember to measure the angle when you are done so you can put the number in your setup so the display is correct.

That makes sense. I got it set at 65 degrees right now which might be a little much. It is not quite where I would be looking if I turn my head all the way. So i is not quite to what you are saying. But at 65 degrees it pretty much covers my entire field of vision. If I set it any less I would be catching more of the room along the periphery.

All that said I don' thave it running yet. Connection problems with my xboxes so I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet with the triple screens. My setup is flexible so I can try different angles. It's a little wobbly and unstable on the cheap arms I bought. Once I figure out the exact angle I want I will make a more robust mount.