Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time G27 Mods

10 posts in this topic

I have just joined the community and I have a G27 on its way.

I read up on the pedals and bought the GT EYE brake pedal mod.

My question is this: are there any other recommended mods that wont break the bank (for any aspect of the setup) ?

Im heading to the hardware store to make a PVC wheel stand : )

Thanks guys

God Bless

You can get after market wheels such as a real momo and use an adapter from DSD or SRH, but i wouldn't suggest doing that until your warranty is up as you wont get a refund from logitech if any problems happen.

Cheers :D

Thanks guys - Are the clutch and gas pedal worth the money?

I want realism as I have previously raced in road and drag classes (real life).

If the improvement over stock isnt all that great, then I am fine sticking with stock.

Thanks again for the replies

God Bless

Yea nixim make a gas and clutch spring as well, as Jrv01 said, or else once you get the new brake spring put the old brake spring in the clutch and the clutch spring in the gas that's what i've done works great.

You can pick up a second hand momo on ebay less then £100 but yea it's all down to what "cheap" is to you.

That poormans SLI is great i have done similar but mine is mounted onto the g27 casing. GREAT STUFF!

Cheers

My Wheel should be here today (any minute actually) but I have to wait for the spring from Australia.

I have been considering iRacing but I really dont want to get into a money pit.

I can deal with the monthly cost but having to buy tracks and cars etc etc makes me nervous (and im sure the wife wouldnt be too excited with a continuous cost outside of the monthly fee).

I am considering NFS rivals as that looks fun.

Any advice in this realm would be awesome. 

I love upgrading cars and I have started playing (although I dislike the free to play concept) auto club revolution.

Thanks again

God Bless

rFactor seems like a great sim for you. rFactor 2 or the first one, the first one has loads of mods so you could get many cars without having to pay anything. But rFactor 2 has from what I've heard and felt better physics and graphics.

>Cheers!< Jrv01