Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Should I Interview?

37 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Recently I had the honor of interviewing Gjon Camaj. Then Shaun was able to interview Indycar driver Townsend Bell!!!

I'd really like to get some more interviews with race car drivers, race game/sim developers and people in the industry. If you are someone that believes you have a story to share, let me know.

If you know someone or have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Maybe you can be on the show !!

Thanks for all your participation (in advance) and support.

Jessica

I think you should interview Codemaster's Stephen Hood - Senior game designer, or Codemaster's Paul Jeal - Senior Producer

Why?

These fine folk are developing the game F1 2010 for the X360/PS3. But this I hope is going to be much more than just a game. According to recent interviews/dev diary, these guys are really doing their hardest to model real-world physics.

I'd love to see an interview with Marcos Ambrose.

As an iRacing sponsored driver who has participated in online races from time to time, he's got a unique perspective on how NASCARs, Grand Am cars, and the soon to be released V8Supercar are like compared to their sim brethren - all of which are modelled in iRacing.

iRacing have had NASCARs for some time, but they are also releasing a Ford Performance Racing V8Supercar in a few weeks. Additionally iRacing are releasing the Phillip Island track that he's raced on many occasions. I'd love to hear his thoughts about the realism of iRacing, and the difficulties or otherwise of sim driving verses real top level racing in both these racing formats. This could potentially run in parallel with these releases - I'm sure iRacing would be keen for any additional exposure to increase sales :)

I second Ambrose. I would like to hear more from John Prather about his real life racing experience in the Jetta, the sim equipment he uses, and some sim vs real life comparisions, if you get my meaning.

Kazunori Yamauchi, or anyone from Polyphony Digital would be cool, but likely very difficult to get.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Wyatt was recently interviewed for iracing for his VW accomplishments. He is a young, up and coming race car driver and a great suggestion.

Once again thanks and keep them coming :) If anyone out there thinks they have a unique story, experience or product to share please run it by me. You can also send it by email via [email protected]

Jessica

I agree with the Marcus Ambrose suggestion. He is a really great personality and his car was even sponsored by iracing. The other suggestion I have is TJ Majors. He used to race in real life, is currently spotting for Jr and is always on iracing.

Great idea for a thread! :)

If you could get an interview with some of the people behind Live for Speed or netKar Pro that would be awesome! (video conference or phone) Try to find out what their plans are and what's cookin'. But the LFS guys don't seem to be very talkative about their plans... worth a try anyway perhaps?

And how about doing a piece on laser scanning? Maybe talk to some of the people who provide such services about the potentials and hurdles of this technology? Laser scanning is being used not only by iRacing but also by independent track developers (for rFactor) and now also for Live for Speed with their upcoming Rockingham track. Maybe the viewers would like to learn more about this?

Bah, I'm rambling.. :? keep up the good work!

You need to go for It!, It being Dale Earnhardt Jr. Why he loves sim racing and has a lot to do with iracing. It is well known that he loves sim racing and I think he would make a great one to interview.

So go for it! It would be good for the show and he would probably like to let every one know what it's all about.

Hey Jess

I would love to see Gregor Huttu (if that's how he's spelt) this guy is a modern day Sim racing legend, In the races I've seen him in this guy just dominates, I believe the gamer-geek-speak for this is "pwned" or "owned" everyone else on track. I would love to know how he got in to sim racing, what he's doing now (and plans for the future) in terms of sim career, and maybe get some tips on how to be so fast. Failing him, Jensen button, lewis Hamilton (my hero) or Michael Schumacher will do :D:D:D

Hi Jessica,

I think that it's about time to visit the folks over at The Sim Factory, to see if they are ready to show off anything new regarding the new Stock Car Simulator they've been working on. It appears that they are definitely looking to go beyond the ARCA license they currently hold. Either way, it would be interesting to see where they are at with the project, especially considering that it's supposed to be based on the new gMotor engine.

I have confirmation from Andy Gray that both Paul and Stephen will be at E3 and we will interview them.

We're also meeting Andy Gray next Wednesday and will get to do a hands on with F1 2010 !!!

Darin

I think you should interview Codemaster's Stephen Hood - Senior game designer, or Codemaster's Paul Jeal - Senior Producer

Why?

These fine folk are developing the game F1 2010 for the X360/PS3. But this I hope is going to be much more than just a game. According to recent interviews/dev diary, these guys are really doing their hardest to model real-world physics.

Buried deep in our library is an interview with Todd Cannon.. Here it is..

I wouldn't mind seeing some interviews with the people behind some of the hardware we're seeing now. People like Todd Cannon or the guys from ECCI.

How about yourself? I would be interested to know how and why you ended up on this show - in the early episodes you looked as if you thought sim racing was a tad silly, but that seems to be changing - looks like you have gained some appreciation for it.

Why?

Well...looks like we are meeting with Codemaster's tomorrow. Not sure if Stephen Hood or Paul Jeal will be there but I know Andy Gray will. Thanks for your suggestion. If you have any particular questions you'd like me to ask please let me know and I will do what I can. Kinda last minute and not sure if you will recieve this message in time. For a more prompt response you can always message me on Facebook or Twitter.

Take Care.

Jesscia

www.facebook.com/jessicamarielo

www.twitter.com/jessiemarielo

Well...looks like we are meeting with Codemaster's tomorrow. Not sure if Stephen Hood or Paul Jeal will be there but I know Andy Gray will. Thanks for your suggestion. If you have any particular questions you'd like me to ask please let me know and I will do what I can. Kinda last minute and not sure if you will recieve this message in time. For a more prompt response you can always message me on Facebook or Twitter.

Take Care.

Jesscia

http://www.facebook.com/jessicamarielo

http://www.twitter.com/jessiemarielo

I come back to the forums a week or so later and bam! F1 2010 is getting previewed and Andy Gray interviewed. Great work Jessica! F1 2010 is definitely a game to keep tabs on.

Id love to see you interview Justin Wilson. Would be great to see an interview with Justin Wilson an iracer and sim racer. It would be interesting to hear what he has to say about sim racing and real world racing in general. I dont think there is anyone better qualified to give his opinion on Sim racing a Former F1 driver and points scorer, Champ car and Indy car race winner, 2001 International Formula 3000 Champion, 2010 24 Hours of Daytona Runner-up and has a great experience of Oval and Road racing from all around the world and he's a sim racer :D

I would like to see Andrew Caddel, this kid / young man wins in about anything he gets in to drive. Andrew, his Uncles, Father, and older brother use to race my sim rig back in the 1980's. Andrew was so young (6 years old?) then. My sim rig then was an trustmaster bunge cord wheel made of steel, driving Indianapolis 500: The Simulation 1989 for PC(Blue box). His grandfather grew up in Califonia and went to school with Mikey Tompson. Andrew won the Miata cup, Miata MX5 cup (Mazda gave him the car and seed money) and the 2009 Mustang Challange (Andrew was on the podium in every race and only came in 3rd once!). If you put any of the Caddels in a car you are in for a fight! The Caddels come from an offroad racing background.

His Race Page

http://www.andrewcaddell.com/

iRacing and Andrew Caddell, a winning combination!

Andrew Caddell on theFords Speed 2010 Mustang Unveiling

just look at the all the top names there, awsome for some one so young!

Jessica you just keep on adding your own style to the show, and if anybody does not like your yellow sun dress make them buy you a cool suit, Naw ;) .

Bill

Tacoma, WA

Hi Jessica,

I wouldn't mind seeing an interview with Alison Hine aka Eagle Woman. Alison's guides and setups were a huge help when I was taking my first sim steps with GPL and sims in general, and I assume that will be the case for quite a few people out there. I believe she maybe have been involved in a number of betas, and at least in my mind has been great source of information for many many years and a valuable asset to the sim racing community!

Oh yes and off topic but the improvement in your interview technique and general screen presence has been great to watch, congrats!

It would definitly be cool to see you interview some female simracers, men tend to react a bit weird around them making them run away, in a female to female interview it would be alot easier and interesting :)

Hi Jessica i just want to say, thank you for what you doing best. I just found out about the show couple days ago and almost watched all the episodes, cant wait for the episode 73.

Anyway just wanted to say it would be so awesome to have a interview with Dan Greenawalt the director of Forza series. I want to find out when the Forza 4 is out and does Kinect play a big part or can we still use a racing wheel on it.

Thanks a lot Jessica your awesome and so are Shaun & Darin 8-)