Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

24 posts in this topic

Presenting our recap of some of the things that took place at E3 2013. Darin Gangi attended this year and talks about Drive Club, The Crew and Need for Speed Rivals. 

Also on this show we give away a Human Racing Player Frame Set to a lucky viewer courtesy of http://www.humanracing.co.th

We also have an incredible Sim Rig of the Month and announce the 2013 120 Minutes of Thunder. 

To see more in game footage from E3, check out our other channel at

We hope you enjoy the show !

Great Show !

I Liked the E3 footage that you guys pulled together. 

One title that I missed on E3 was F1 2013, I was hopping to see something there but nothing. (15 th of july is going to be released the announcement trailer BTW).

I think the sim rig of the mouth is suppose to replicate the 2010 Felipe Massa's Car.
Because It has the "santader" sponsor logo so it was when Alonso move to ferrari which was in 2010 and the car number is the number 7 so it´s got to be that car.

I agree; I was a bit miffed that you guys changed the rules, if I had known I would have voted differently knowing that the more comfortable adjustable seat is always going to be more popular than a racing style seat.

I'd add that it's only fair Darin that you give away the other HRGT rig to those who voted for your seat.

I have to agree:

There have been two "unlicky" moves by you ISR guys lately. First the poll for the "Thunder at the Glen" where you decided to don't follow the poll. As much as I understand your reasons (and actually my own vote is the winner now), that was predictable and avoidable. You had this option in the poll, you could see in advance that you might don't like that combo. So you should have either removed that option earlier, or - after it won - live with it. Again, I say that although I don't own a single car from the winning combo, which means I had dropped that event. But that's democracy :wink:

The other one is - as mentioned above - changing the rules afterwards. That's a big "no go"! Again, change it it advance or suck it. You stated the rules, 426 people took part. And then you change it. Not good.

I hope you learn from that "fiasco" :wink:

Hi     Thank you  darin @ shaun    I Will  be Happy to receive this   Rig .  have  Place for it cant wait  :-P    O   name is  Doug Hawley   I came down to your open house.I had a blast with all the guys there.   

THANK YOU      ISR

I also think its a little unfair to change the rules just before the drawing, but it is what it is. Congrats to HCARB! In the future though, give each valid entry a number in sequence, then enter the total number of entries in a random number picker between 1 and that total number. This can even be done on camera to show its truly random. If you need help in counting entries, then you need to have some moderators here on the forum help out. Just a suggestion. 

If we told you guys before, everyone would lean towards one or the other. The decision to cut the entries down came after the poll was closed. If we said that before the contest, the poll would have been useless because everyone would vote for the one they thought would win the poll, not the one they thought was a better idea. 

Bottom line was that there were 426 entries and we had to eliminate 425. I'd like to remind you guys that it was free to enter and it only took a small amount of time for you to submit your entry for a one in 426 chance to win that chassis. We eliminated 152 with that decision. We didn't have to tell you that we did that, but we did to be honest. Sorry that you voted for my rig. Remember there's 273 people that voted for Shaun's that didn't win it either. We said we would pick a winner at random and our decision to drop those 152 was part of that random draw. We randomly decided after the poll to do that. Then we picked HCARB at random too. 

In regards to the 120 Minutes of Thunder. The poll was to get peoples ideas on it. We had more than a few people email us behind the scenes asking to include the Cadillac again because of it being free. We want to get as many people involved in these special events and having a free car helps for sure.    

We apologize and hope there's no hard feelings.. 

Yep you didn't have to tell us how you picked the winner and it probably would have been better if you didn't, but since you are aiming for fairness and honesty then I feel you could have handled it a little better.

No hard feelings though and it's entirely your prerogative Darin.

Wow, awesome guys. Thank you very much for naming my rig as Sim Rig of the Month. That is so cool! Very flattered.

And as to the question of what Ferrari is it? LOL, I have no idea. It started out as a 2012 so I gave it the step down nose, and then later I thought painting the white "barcode" on there would look cool, which would have been form a few years before, and then the decals became a mix of what would be appropriate for a Ferrari but not necessarily the 2012, and then the white stripe from the 2013 showed up, and then I had an extra #7 decal form my shifter kart supplies, and then.....so It can be whatever you want. And whomever buys it can then strip off my stuff and put whatever they want on there.

It will be on ebay sometime next week. It can be broken down into a bunch of pieces to put in boxes and I will ship worldwide.

Good show guys, I just had one disappointment with this show, "No Jessica".

Originally, it sounded like Jessica was going to be in the E3 show, myself and probably many others were looking forward to seeing her on the show once more, but no luck! :(

I hope she is doing well since we never hear from her anymore.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Daren, aren't you guys going to make a GT6 Demo "GT academy 2013" review or impression video?! and so you know, there will be no update or patches for the Demo, so you guys can review it right away!!!   :P  

As an advice, i urge you to firs play a bit of GT5, that way you would have some contrast and could notice more the improvements on the Demo, cause i find is way better in terms of physics than GT5, the "torque steer" is now present on Gran turismo and the weight transfer is better, not mention the new tire model.. The only thing i finned similar to GT5 is the force feedback, still to boring, but everything else is better.

In regards to the 120 Minutes of Thunder. The poll was to get peoples ideas on it. We had more than a few people email us behind the scenes asking to include the Cadillac again because of it being free. We want to get as many people involved in these special events and having a free car helps for sure.    

Looking forward to entering this again this year, thanks for thinking about us Aussies when selecting a time slot, appreciate it a lot.  Although we were all put in our own split last time it was still a enjoyable race.  Got a special McLaren skin in production for the event and will start learning this car on this track in the coming weeks.  Hope to get in a mid to high split so be good to have a idea of what constitutes a good lap in the McLaren around here, what times are you getting Shaun?

Thanks guys see you in a practice session soon.

Ps any one done a logo for "120mins Of Thunder" i could put on my skin?  Been working on one but got nothing that looks special enough yet.

Can I get your templates? :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Sorry Its our Team skin but it is very basic with just a carbon fiber layer and some logos stuck on it, you should be able to wip up something easy enough.