Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFS titles 70% off on Steam

6 posts in this topic

I noticed this sale on the NFS franchise today, which unfortunately ends tomorrow. I use to be a fan of the NFS games a long time ago, but since discovering simulations I've made the switch from arcade. I tried Shift 2 for the Xbox 360 a while ago, and didnt like the handling of the cars, no matter what I tried it just wasnt right. But this sale has me curious...will the mods make it exciting to play for a guy who leans more toward sim than arcade? Shift 2 on Steam during this sale is only $5.99 US. I'd like to hear some opinions, preferrably from those that have Shift 2 and the better handling mods. 

Shift 2 is actually $23.99 its the original shift that is $5.99. For $23.99 I think I will buy it, I actually didn't mind it on the PlayStation for something fun for single player mode. I've heard its much better on PC, using 3 screens for a start has got to be better and a quick search on the internet revealed there is quite a few mods readily available.

Shift 2 is actually $23.99 its the original shift that is $5.99. For $23.99 I think I will buy it, I actually didn't mind it on the PlayStation for something fun for single player mode. I've heard its much better on PC, using 3 screens for a start has got to be better and a quick search on the internet revealed there is quite a few mods readily available.

I'm looking at Shift 2 Unleashed on the Steam store, inside the Steam client, and its $5.99. $19.99 was the regular price. Perhaps you are looking at something different than I am. 

I know about the mods, and I'm mostly curious to hear thoughts on the PTMu mod in particular. Being that I am mostly into rfactor and iRacing these days, is this title, the PTMu mod, and everything else thats available for it, going to be worth 6 bucks?

Thing I hated the most about the SHIFT series was the AI... way too aggressive.  Getting pit maneuvered all the time.  Might as well go and race iRacing rookie events.  Also how they awarded you with "stars" for aggressively racing (bumping, spinning, etc) your opponents just pushed it too far.

I still play shift and shift2 on Ps3. Same fun without Mods.

just adjust the wheel rotation to 250 deg.

no deadzone and use automatic gears. but change gear shift when on curve better control......

awesome game no one can touch you if you concentrate hard.

Lol.