Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Simxperience/Fanatec Motion Rig Including selfmade Curved Screen

205 posts in this topic

Did you think this was the end?

You are wrong

The next set is coming to raise my crafting fun and kill my wife's last nerve :mrgreen:

unbenannt4huuy.jpg

You got an amp to run those things huh? Or do the amps come with it. Sorry, I never found out this information. Still, gotta say that this is one of the coolest rigs I've seen in my life!

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Yes you are right If you miss the Amp

The Amplifer i can by here in germany two,with cost me not so much transport and tax :)

But berneys upgrade for the butkickers its in his shop only present

Where in Germany are you located? :P I wanna come around  :mrgreen:

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Thanks all mates for your growth from praise

This makes me really really proud to finish this project and let me fast forget all the pain and  shortcomings that I have see over the build process

comics.jpg

@motiondave

That's are different pain then the first one in the race you a full of endorphins this is the trump card :mrgreen:

Thats for sure, I dont feel it till the next morning.  :-P

I still search for the rig a good (professional) handbrake for some rally action

Has someone ideas or links to product on the upper end

Reviews would be also nice

I testet in first the arc brake and it was for me not good enough in some cases of fast responding so i need other solutions/companys

I still search for the rig a good (professional) handbrake for some rally action

Has someone ideas or links to product on the upper end

Reviews would be also nice

I testet in first the arc brake and it was for me not good enough in some cases of fast responding so i need other solutions/companys

I own the ARC handbrake and quite like it. It is very solid, easy to calibrate, looks nice and I got a good feel for it in RBR and Dirt3 - it just works hassle-free.

The only other handbrake I tried is my mate's the Frex hydraulic. It looks fancy, but I wouldn't purchase it myself. It feels progressive, but its progression doesn't describe a nice logarithmic curve. Most of the travel there's almost no resistance and it then increases drastically towards the very end. The lever feel very wobbly. It's not that I had the impression it would brake - it just seemed a bit like an unfinished product. For that sort of money I'd just expect a bit more.

My mate has huge calibration issues with it. Hasn't managed to get rid of a certain small amount of brake force being applied all the time. Fiddling around with dead zones and these things - unsuccessfully so far. We just tried out AC today and it was even causing trouble in there - pulled the plug, which fixed it.

There's a guy in Germany who was intending to start building a 2nd batch of his handbrake. I was interested in it, but it seemed he was struggling getting enough orders to get started. His situation might have changed. His name is Karsten Kremer I think and he owns a company called MotoPC. Maybe check that out.

I wouldn't say the ARC handbrake is perfect, but it seems to me it's the best option atm. Previously I thought it was the DSD. After figuring out about him using the same base/lever unit as Frex does I'm not really convinced about it anymore.

Thanks for your feedback Thirsty :)

The frex system would be normally the next on my list but after your words im not really sure should i ordered this thing or not

The ARC brake i testet it and i was not really happy with it

Is it in your case not to much lag for setting exactly impulse on the corner entrance ?

I have this thing more than one times calibrated but always i had a feeling like bubble gum on braking points 

Yeah, I'd say tried it out before you buy, but I understand it's not that easy as not every sim racer around the corner got one of these.

The ARC has a very linear feel to it. Hard to say, but the problem you describe with the ARC might not be caused by the handbrake but by the way the game interprets the input signal.

I'm the sort of guy who wants things to work - plug it in, calibrate and off you go. My mate is quite good at fixing these sorts of issues. He's really struggling with this one. That doesn't mean you won't get it going if you purchased it of course.

If it was me I'd rather go for the DSD than the Frex. I think it's even more expensive though.

Sorry Thirsty the week was very busy so i had no time to answer on your post :)

Yea you are maybe right and Dereks construction is maybe the best choise i can make 

Well i must think a little bit more over this part because i will not have a second miss like the arc 

Thanks for your great responding and the suggestion thirsty!

No worries mate. Would be actually great to get a review on Derek's handbrake finally :) ...and it would be even better if HE came out with a handbrake. Judging based on his pedals that would be something I'd buy without even looking at it.

No worries mate. Would be actually great to get a review on Derek's handbrake finally :) ...and it would be even better if HE came out with a handbrake. Judging based on his pedals that would be something I'd buy without even looking at it.

I think he is now busy in workprocess of  a sequential / H shifter :)

I think he is now busy in workprocess of  a sequential / H shifter :)

That is exactly what I think as well. He used to have a CAD model of a h-pattern on his website. Yeah, and that disappeared...

I tried the CSS h-pattern shifter recently and I was very impressed. That thing is absolutely fantastic and really great value imo. It feels so much better than the TH8RS.

Guess Niels' h-pattern would cost quite a bit more, which is understandable considering it probably won't be built in China. However, I wouldn't hold my breath - who knows when he'll get that done if he's intending at all.

The thing is I don't think I was able to say no if it came up.

Beautiful setup, all I can say is WOW!

I have a projector I use for movies 100" and xbox too it was more immersive, in a way. Now I use a 40" but when I can build such things. Your triple projection setup is looking like the winning idea for me. Unless the RIFT HD consumer hits the market. Then all bets are off lol

Two Titans. WoW

Love the whole setup.

Thanks for the inspiration

MM out

Yes i think waiting on the rift is a looong torture mad mike  :)

But in the end of a functional consumer hd rift you have a second problem with not clear solution

What will you do with the button box for sim racing and how you realize the acting from your hands in the virtual room?

There is a lot more to do to bring the rift in a functional form for simracing 

Yeah I realize the problems with the Rift and spacing of real vs virtual. That is one thing the developers need to include in the games I think. The ability to have virtual button boxes that can be sized and moved in the VR car to set them exactly where they are in reality so that your phisical hand movements automaticly find the real buttons easy. It would probably take some form of glove that the rift sees. And augments them into the VR world.

Well I guess the wise man said. "We will see. We will see. "

In The last 30 years we went from Atari poll position to Iracing and triple projectors. Just think what 5 years will change.

Have a great race

MM out

Exactly Mad Mike :)

But i have a little bit headache if i think about a solution in the next 1/2 Years for this essential problems

This must be do other companies  in his private surroundings for the rift guys with also the same enthusiasm and a lot of experience

They must have the same priority focus of lag minimizing with the hand and finger tracking otherwise you end up in the same motion sickness like now  

Agree with you guys on the rift. There are lots of issues to be fixed before they'll be a serious competitor to a triple screen set up imo - don't even want to think about comparing that to a curved screen like this one here. The major advantage is that it's cheap.

I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung or Sony for example were actually much further in their development of goggle-screens. See what's happening in the next 3-5 years...

Can you imagine having a three sony 4K projectors. Wow what a huge investment. Not only the projectors but the PC to push Iracing thru them. I know the newest graphics cards will push the 4K content thru one but you need 2 or three of those cards to push the 4K res to each screen projector properly wouldn't you? If I'm reading right you must have 1 card for each monitor or it just try's to spread the image? So damn!

100k setup ! Wish I had that kind of whip!

But only a handful of game companies have even produced anything in the 4K res format.

Just wishing I guess.

Got big future plans for my rig. Lol. I guess We all do if our budget don't get in the way first.

But ya know some times it's nice to just dream it up.

MM out