Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza Motorsport 5 - E3 Special and Launch Party

3 posts in this topic

Turn 10 was on hand in the Xbox booth to show off the latest version of the Forza franchise.  This latest version Forza Motorsport 5, is scheduled for this year and will be a launch title for the Xbox One.  We were able to check out the racing title both at the E3 booth as well as the launch party thrown at night during E3.  At each venue the game was setup with multiple stations running game pads.  Between E3 and the launch party there were many things learned about Forza Motorsport 5 . In addition there were 2 simulators running a new prototype Thrustmaster wheel for the Xbox one.

raw driving footage of Darin Gangi behind the wheel of a McLaren F1 using a Thrustmaster prototype wheel that's similar to a T500. This is his frist and only try at Forza 5.  

Raw driving footage of a Lamboghini using a Thrustmaster prototype wheel that's similar to a T500. 

Raw driving footage of a McLaren F1 using a Thrustmaster prototype wheel that's similar to a T500.

Excellent initial preview on Forza 5. I am really looking forward to this game it looks amazing.

My only concern is compatibility of existing Fanatec wheels as it is almost certain they will not work natively with the Xbox one. However it looks like a solution is in development. Here is a link to a news item which confirms Microsoft is working on a convertor to try and ensure all peripherals that work with Xbox 360 will also work with Xbox One. No doubt at some point we will get an official response from Fanatec

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-one-current-gen-peripheral-adaptor-in-the-works-says-Microsoft

Final point on the preview is that Darin mentioned he though the track he was driving was in Rome. The track is in fact in Prague.

Keep up the good work guys and hope that you will have more previews of this product before actual launch.

Well the best quote Darin Made is he did not use a game pad one time at E3. I think we the community need to hammer these developers on the need for proper controller support related to the genre of game they are trying to create. IMO proper controller support is the #1 element to the user interface on the whole immersion of the game.

Full wheel+pedal support is easy with a generic wheel option and has been done for over a decade now so there is no excuse for a game developer not to have it.

Motorcycle simulations very much need proper hardware and is very little offered out there in this area ATM but why stop there who would not like a true boat racing simulation with proper controller support. Those V8 jet boats are awesome that they race on inland man made boat racing courses.

Even arcade titles if it's a driving game no excuse not to have wheel support and I for one will not let those developers taking a holiday in this area off the hook. I think it should be an automatic -20 meta points if wheels are not supported.