Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACR is out of beta, now full release

10 posts in this topic

I've kept tabs on ACR over time, and just found out last night it has gone to full release. There have apparently been a number of patches made to gameplay, the website, and controllers supported. I have yet to actually try the updated game due to problems with the launcher, but I believe I have it sorted and will give it a try soon. I'm curious if any of you have given the latest version of ACR a try, and what your thoughts are on it. 

Considering 90% of insideSIMracing/SIMracingtonight is not even about actual SIM racing anymore (unless its the grossly overrated with regards to pure driving physics/vehicle dynamics sim called iracing), I am not suprised this Forza/GT competitor hasent been reviewed yet.  That Grid review was great though LOL.  Im sure a Grid review will bring 10 times more views/exposure/income than an ACR review, so woohoo!!! for the Grid review! LOL  PGR 4 is more sim than Grid lol.

Can someone compare this vs other free-to-play racers?  Like SimRaceway, or Victory (age of racing), or others?

Is the racing mostly multi-player, or is there single player components?  Does it really feel like Forza/GT style physics?  How "freemium" is it... can you progress well without paying a penny?

Cheers.

I'm actually curious  and am going to take a look. If it is anything like Simraceway though it won't be much of a look. I installed that thing and took a 5min. look without even hooking up my wheel just to see if it was going to work before I went to bed. The very next morning my e-mail was flooded with so much junk from them that I uninstalled it. It took a week to stop all the garbage.

Not bad so far. Get my wheel dialed in and might have a bit of fun.

Physics not too bad as far as I can tell.

I'll post back when I get a little more time into it.

Good enough that I'll probably spend the rest of the morning on it. Haven't even ran a lap on iRacing since I got up today. Thats got to say something.