Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy F1 2012 On Steam

9 posts in this topic

No clue BlizzardDuck. (Crashing computer or crashing car? lol)

rF2 is my main squeeze and I typically fire up F1 in the off season as I love the graphics. I found some of tire/handling mods there and upgraded graphics as well. Not familiar with any issues they might be having.

No clue BlizzardDuck. (Crashing computer or crashing car? lol)

rF2 is my main squeeze and I typically fire up F1 in the off season as I love the graphics. I found some of tire/handling mods there and upgraded graphics as well. Not familiar with any issues they might be having.

My computer crashes, and I can't get Steam to give me my money back. I've been after them for about a month and gave up. They are so ignorant.

Hello lopsided,

I'm really "new" at this....been reading this forum for about three months now.  Just bought the F1 2012 on Steam - couple of questions folks.

DO you have to run the program "through" the Steam interface??? or can you also run it as a stand-alone?

You made reference to check out the "Race Department" for mods and tweaks - IS that located on this forum or are you referencing the Steam site?

Thanks for your patience -  just want to start enjoying this type of simming like you guys.

Tom

Steam has to always be on when u want to play. Even when it's off and you will execute F1 desktop shortcut it will automatically start steam in background. And race department is a other sim racing website. It had got very good forum. Great for setups and racing leagues for loads of games. Check it out. www.racedepartment.com

Hey Tom, Ask away, we were all newbies once, heck, wasn't that long ago for me. I'm a late bloomer. :)

Yeah, you have to run it thru Steam. What BlizzardDuck (gotta tell me where that handle comes from lol) was referring to is the fact that his Steam installation (it's software) is crashing on his computer. It can be a real pain for some. I'm fortunate, cross fingers, never a problem.

Ok, RaceDepartment is another forum. Here's a link directly to F1 2012. on RD.

You will find Set ups, Track graphic mods, car mods etc. etc. 

It will take you awhile to wade thru everything but you'll have plenty tweaking available if it interest you.