Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moto GP Steam Release Is Out!

6 posts in this topic

Steam release came available as of about 7pm PT (10pm ET) tonight; that's when I got my GMG confirmation and serial number.  Already downloaded and installed

Got my controls (Xbox 360 Controller on PC) configured just as I wanted them (rear/front brake on left/right trigger, in that order; push up/forward on right thumb stick for accelerate; left thumb stick for lean/tuck).  Accelerate feels way more precise, not noticing a huge dead zone like I did with the default controls (in the demo) using the triggers for accelerate.  I'm enjoying playing on semi-pro physics, but with split controls with the brakes activated.  Might even consider moving up to professional.

I've only done a handful of laps between MotoGP bikes at Sachsenring (a MotoGP favorite of mine) and Moto3 bikes at Austin.  Graphics look fine... not F1 2013 quality, but there's no real issues with them.  Game play feels nice and smooth.  Really look forward to getting in to a career mode and working from the bottom series up.  Who knows, maybe I'll register and give it a go online.

If people register online for PC play... we should make a thread of ISR users.

I bought boxed version. Been playing since wednesday. I'm loving it. Playing on pro. Already almost finished Moto3 season. Have been racing online with my mate but at the moment online play is a bit broken. Laggy and not as smooth as single player experience. Hopefully they will patch it soon. Anyway, I and my pal are loving this game. It's fun sim-arcedish game. Good brake from full sim game like GP Bikes.

Steam release came available as of about 7pm PT (10pm ET) tonight; that's when I got my GMG confirmation and serial number.  Already downloaded and installed

Got my controls (Xbox 360 Controller on PC) configured just as I wanted them (rear/front brake on left/right trigger, in that order; push up/forward on right thumb stick for accelerate; left thumb stick for lean/tuck).  Accelerate feels way more precise, not noticing a huge dead zone like I did with the default controls (in the demo) using the triggers for accelerate.  I'm enjoying playing on semi-pro physics, but with split controls with the brakes activated.  Might even consider moving up to professional.

I've only done a handful of laps between MotoGP bikes at Sachsenring (a MotoGP favorite of mine) and Moto3 bikes at Austin.  Graphics look fine... not F1 2013 quality, but there's no real issues with them.  Game play feels nice and smooth.  Really look forward to getting in to a career mode and working from the bottom series up.  Who knows, maybe I'll register and give it a go online.

If people register online for PC play... we should make a thread of ISR users.

No wheel support I assume? Would be kinda weird.

I'm not playing with a wheel... it would be weird in my opinion.  Not sure how well it would work either... there is still no sensitivity/dead-zone adjustments for the controller axis in the final release.  But playing it with an Xbox 360 controller feels great with my configuration (mentioned in first post).

Just finished first 2 races in Career mode.  Playing semi-pro physics (with split brakes) and few other adjustments like full bike damage, tyre wear, mechanical failure possibilities, correct track flag/penalties, etc... but currently going direct to race, might chance to include a quick qualify.  Interesting idea how you start with a limited (4) pre-selected race "season" where you are picked up as a "wild card" rider.  Each race you can pick from (likely will be offered) different teams to sign a 1-race contract with.  If you do well enough, you'll get offered a full season contract at the end.  Progression feels a lot like the Codemasters F1 series... objectives are realistic (bottom feeder teams, my objective is 15th of a 20 man grid), and as your "reputation" goes up better teams become interested in having you join.

Overall I'm really enjoying this.  It's good to have a fun (semi-realistic) bike racing game back in my collection.  Haven't tried online yet... might check it out in the coming days.

FYI.  2nd patch was released today for Moto GP 13.  Good to see some support after release from Milestone... a common complaint from a few on their forums, was Milestone's lack of after release support.  Good for them.