Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster wheel for Xbox One? See video...

34 posts in this topic

This is definitely a prototype, or it's something they rigged up to work for e3. It has a huge base that appears to be hand-fabricated, but the wheel, especially the column collar and the paddles, definitely look like some form of Thrustmaster model.

Again, we can only speculate until there's an official announcement.

I'm sure Darin and Shaun will tell us more about this in their upcoming report after their visit to e3.

Fanatec owners, keep your fingers crossed...  if they lost Forza licensing, let's hope there's still some form of compatibility.

This is definitely a prototype, or it's something they rigged up to work for e3. It has a huge base that appears to be hand-fabricated, but the wheel, especially the column collar and the paddles, definitely look like some form of Thrustmaster model.

Again, we can only speculate until there's an official announcement.

http://youtu.be/liryxPwznM8

I'm sure Darin and Shaun will tell us more about this in their upcoming report after their visit to e3.

Fanatec owners, keep your fingers crossed...  if they lost Forza licensing, let's hope there's still some form of compatibility.

That is indeed a prototype and they are doing official wheels for Xbox One.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/thrustmaster-develop-gaming-accessories-xbox-one

That is indeed a prototype and they are doing official wheels for Xbox One.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/thrustmaster-develop-gaming-accessories-xbox-one

This press release is still quite vague. Thrustmaster released a few wheels that are compatible with Xbox 360, but they are generally lower-end wheels, most with only vibration, or limited rotation. This press release could mean anything--such as that they'll be producing new versions of those for the Xbox One.

What we really want to know is who will release a "high-end" wheel for Forza 5, as the T500 was the official wheel for Gran Turismo 5, or the Fanatec CSR wheels for Forza 4.

I hope more official information on this subject is released soon.

This press release is still quite vague. Thrustmaster released a few wheels that are compatible with Xbox 360, but they are generally lower-end wheels, most with only vibration, or limited rotation. This press release could mean anything--such as that they'll be producing new versions of those for the Xbox One.

What we really want to know is who will release a "high-end" wheel for Forza 5, as the T500 was the official wheel for Gran Turismo 5, or the Fanatec CSR wheels for Forza 4.

I hope more official information on this subject is released soon.

People were saying this wheel felt very strong... so I don't know we will have to wait and see.

If you look closely, the actual wheel looks like a slightly different version of the recently released Ferrari 458 Challenge wheel add-on, as for the system itself, I think it might be an encased t500rs seeing as the rear of the steering collum area looks identical to the t500rs, besides the fact that the standard static paddle shifters are removed.

the fact that the static paddles are removed has no impact on it being an actual t500rs as Darin mentioned in the 458 wheel add-on video that thrustmaster said something about removing them, so it very well may be an xbox one compatible t500rs......THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

I hope Darin and Shaun cover this topic soon!

At this time, I doubt Darin and Shaun will be able to tell us much on the subject of what's up with a wheel (or wheels) for Xbox One, other than how it felt in the brief opportunity they got to drive two laps.

I figure there was only one "rig" set up at E3, while all the other demos were set up with controllers. I'm hoping the fact that all we could see was something with "DEMO HARDWARE" on the rim means everything, as far as wheels go, is still being determined.

Let's hope Microsoft will ditch their "proprietary" force feedback, and allow common PC-compatible wheels to connect via USB.

If so, Fanatec CSR and GT2 owners should be able to use their wheels in "PC Mode" with the Xbox One.

...but that would be a stretch for Microsoft to do something like that.

Right now, it's all just wait and see.

The only thing that's matter for me is not to buy another T500 to play with Xbox One...

too much money...

they could sell a brand new model but also give consumer the chance to get the compatibility with the old ones...

Or maybe buy a new "central unit" but keep compatible with the previous add-on...

Can't wait to learn more about that...

Imagine how people who bought the Fanatec Club Sport Elite or CSR for the xbox360 compatibility are going to feel... New console ($500 + $60 for Forza 5) new $200+ or much more investment in a new wheel just to play one game with a wheel.   I really hope Microsoft allows USB wheels with custom mapping/FFB settings, but I'm not holding my breath.  The sad reality is that with Forza 4, people can drive/race faster with standard xbox controllers than they can with proper steering wheels.  That's just so wrong to begin with.

Pretty much the same story over in the Sony PS4 camp... although the one racing game that will be available (Race Club) seems to be more about social racing than simulation.  I'm so surprise GT6 will not be a PS4 launch title.

All the more reason to invest in a PC rig!  With Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, and rFactor 2 coming to maturity...there are many more sim racing options on the PC.

399.99 isn't a bad price on it. Wonder if they cut down on the build quality to get there.

It's got the mode buttons, so I guess that verifies a PC mode (No real shock). Still is baloney that they seem to be locking old wheels out of the next gen consoles. Guess it explains why they started discontinuing the T500 early this year and haven't been restocking. Don't want to sell people an expensive wheel that only works on PC (unless you want really angry customers).

Imagine how people who bought the Fanatec Club Sport Elite or CSR for the xbox360 compatibility are going to feel... New console ($500 + $60 for Forza 5) new $200+ or much more investment in a new wheel just to play one game with a wheel.   I really hope Microsoft allows USB wheels with custom mapping/FFB settings, but I'm not holding my breath.  The sad reality is that with Forza 4, people can drive/race faster with standard xbox controllers than they can with proper steering wheels.  That's just so wrong to begin with.

Pretty much the same story over in the Sony PS4 camp... although the one racing game that will be available (Race Club) seems to be more about social racing than simulation.  I'm so surprise GT6 will not be a PS4 launch title.

All the more reason to invest in a PC rig!  With Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, and rFactor 2 coming to maturity...there are many more sim racing options on the PC.

I'd also include Reiza studios in there. Looking forward to Gamestock 2013 and, drool, info on Senna.

It has no clutch pedal or stand alone manual shifter. At least there isn't one mentioned in Thrustmaster's press release yesterday. So from what I gather Forza 5 won't support triple panels and now they are taken a significant step back for not having backwards compatibility with 360 wheels. This model Thrustmaster is a significant step back from my current 360 wheel combo so the X1 is a pass for me. I will stick to the PC, pick up a  PS4 and wait and see if  a more suitable wheel is available down the line. It's a shame because Forza is one of my favorite games.

It has no clutch pedal or stand alone manual shifter. At least there isn't one mentioned in Thrustmaster's press release yesterday. So from what I gather Forza 5 won't support triple panels and now they are taken a significant step back for not having backwards compatibility with 360 wheels. This model Thrustmaster is a significant step back from my current 360 wheel combo so the X1 is a pass for me. I will stick to the PC, pick up a PS4 and wait and see if a more suitable wheel is available down the line. It's a shame because Forza is one of my favorite games.

Everything your mentioning in your post is speculation. Nothing has been mentioned about them not having a clutch pedal or not supporting the TH8RS...in fact every single picture of the developmental demo wheel showed it being used with a pedal system that has a clutch pedal and is clearly not T500 pedals. We'll have to wait and see but it would be logical for them to work with the TH8RS and have a clutch. Also everything points to the wheel being a high end product so I guess we'll see. I've got my preorder in and will give it a go.

Everything your mentioning in your post is speculation. Nothing has been mentioned about them not having a clutch pedal or not supporting the TH8RS...in fact every single picture of the developmental demo wheel showed it being used with a pedal system that has a clutch pedal and is clearly not T500 pedals. We'll have to wait and see but it would be logical for them to work with the TH8RS and have a clutch. Also everything points to the wheel being a high end product so I guess we'll see. I've got my preorder in and will give it a go.

Congrats for the preorder , it will be very good wheel. And the best fot Xbox One at this moment at least. About TH8RS I think that maybe it is  possible to make it work with this wheel , but the pedals are only 2, in Amazon this is mentioned clearly - 2 metal pedals. Or maybe you think the clutch will be wooden and it is not mentioned because of "Green peace" :) The other think is that Thrustmaster didnt target Hi End wheel this time...maybe they want to keep middle range market , and this wheel will not be equal to T500RS ...As you see they didnt build new rim for it. The 458 rim is the rim taken from Xbox 360 458 cockpit ...but the TX wheel will be very good and I will buy it if I had Xbox One 

You may be right but the announcement on Amazon or any of the other sites isn't very specific. They are speaking towards more features every week. As for E3,Gamescom, Eurogamer, the Jimmy Kimmel Show etc every time that the prototype setup has been pictured or filmed it has clearly had three pedals. That's pretty well documented. I guess we'll just have to see. It's clearly not sharing anything with any other 458 design outside of the name of course and its twice as much as any previous version. If it turns out to be not such a quality product or one something higher end is released I'll upgrade if that happens.

I think that the wheel will be great for Forza 5, you will be one the first lucky owners;) About the pedals Amazon will not say 2 pedals if the pedals are 3 .... in Thrustmaster FB page many ppl complaining from the fact that pedals are only 2.....I think that is possible Thrustmaster to change the pedals to 3, because they still not showing pedals in preview videos of the wheel;)

I think it's still up in the air. Given the fact that Thrustmaster is staggering the release of features as part of their marketing campaign and there has not been one single picture of the production pedals...we'll see. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and have seen plenty of products get revised product descriptions in the past. Maybe we'll see the pedals tomorrow lol as Friday is the new feature release day...fingers crossed haha

New feature of the week just released is a quick release wheel that is interchangeable with other thrustmaster wheels. It also says "get ready to be a part of a full ecosystem"...most exciting feature reveal yet by far! I assume this means the wheel will work with the previously released T500 wheels? Can anyone with a T500 confirm if that's the same type of quick release? I would also infer from the ecosystem comment that we're going to get to use the TH8Rs shifter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFHUVOMaxus&sns=em

New feature of the week just released is a quick release wheel that is interchangeable with other thrustmaster wheels. It also says "get ready to be a part of a full ecosystem"...most exciting feature reveal yet by far! I assume this means the wheel will work with the previously released T500 wheels? Can anyone with a T500 confirm if that's the same type of quick release? I would also infer from the ecosystem comment that we're going to get to use the TH8Rs shifter

I saw the pedals of TX wheel.....I dunno what to say...