Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 Is Becoming A Little More Realistic

11 posts in this topic

th_Untitled-74.png

(Clickable Thumbnail)

DESCRIPTION

Adjust damage, fuel depletion, and tire
wear. The Simulation option means fuel is a concern and your tires and
engine can be destroyed
. In addition, if your car rolls over, you will
be unable to flip back onto its wheels.

I love Forza 4 for what it is, first it's fun with "good" realism. If they can push it more or provide full "pro" or "sim" options, then it will be even better for me.

I'm eagerly awaiting the verdict on both racing franchises on the two warring consoles

I'll definitely have GT6 first as it's coming out on the PS3--and I hope it's good enough to bring me back to that franchise.

Forza 5 will probably be later, as my current budget is for a new PC build, and I probably have to wait on the new Xbox One--which it's usually a pretty good idea not to get the first launch units anyway. Also, eagerly awaiting news about what wheel options wheel have for the Xbox One, and whether I'll have to purchase something else.

Either way, I won't know anything until I've got the titles in my consoles, and I've spent a few hours behind the wheel, Hopefully GT6 won't disappoint me like GT5 did, and both titles will be running "neck-and-neck" to deliver a "real" and enjoyable experience.

The tire and fuel changes I've been screaming about since Forza2, but not being able to roll your car back over I know for a fact has been in 4 w/sim damage selected since day 1. So why does this keep popping up like it's something new?

In the original installment, in an Ferrari P1 at "The Ring" you had to get tires and fuel every 2 laps.

OooWee, I can hear all them consoles fireing up. Guess y'all never rolled one over on sim huh? Crank the ride hight up and knock all the shock off a Roll Over (Land Rover) and add some wide slicks. That'll get it done quickly.

Yes you can play 1 on the 360, but to test that one out you'll have to hit level 50. You might have to break out the old xbox if you still have it with a level 50 game save still on it.

Steering = Normal ... instead of Simulation?

Shifting = Manual ... instead of Manual + Clutch?

With the previous Forzas, (Horizon, 4, 3, & 2) I've driven all assists off with the exception of sometimes using TCS on some of the more powerful RWD cars that like to fishtail at the slightest provocation. Without exception, all of the LB leaders tell me that the biggest improvement they get is with Manual + Clutch and I can see as much as 0.5s difference per lap once I switched.

Also, in Forza 4, I could just never catch/pass Rossi in that damned Ferrari 430 in A class with upgrades allowed and on Pro, so I'd lower it to Hard and give him a go.

Steering = Normal ... instead of Simulation?

Shifting = Manual ... instead of Manual + Clutch?

A bit late with this reply but, for the record...

There are still multiple options for each category. Steering: Assisted, Normal and Simulation. Shifting: Auto, Manual and Manual w/ Clutch. Traction: TCS+STM, TCS Only, STM Only and Off. Braking: Assisted, ABS and Off.

am i missing something or is there No option to tune you car before a race?  Seems the only option to tune is back out of the event and go to the Car upgrade tune section... why cant i pull up the set up manager and quick load a tune for the track in a event?

I couldn't agree more.  I'm new to any kind of realistic driving game so take this for what it's worth, but the menu system in Forza 5 is horrible.  The leaderboards won't show any of my friends times, when a race is done you can't see your lap times for the current race, just the leaderboards, there's no way to tune a car unless you leave the track and return to your garage and then wait for the track to load again, there's no way to free look when you're painting a new car you're buying, etc.  I love the game but the menu, paint and tuning systems really need some UX tweaks in my opinion.