Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 updated?

14 posts in this topic

After experiencing a progressively worse issue with my wheel, I started to look into getting this reviewed for warranty.  Upon research, I noticed there is a new part number now.

My wheel purchased in January has a part number of 841-000037.  Logitech advertises the G27 on their website to have a part number of 941-000045.  I also noticed that Logitech wiped all of their reviews on their website and started fresh, they currently only have one review.

So now my question: What are the changes to what the current G27 is?  Did they finally address the issues with feedback and calibration? 

My wheel's feedback seems to cut in and out at fast rates, giving me the sensation of it "jumping" gears. 

Hopefully something changed for the better.  I'm currently in the process of having my information verified so I can get this thing fixed/replaced under warranty.  :mad:

Anyone have any new information on this topic?   I have read lots of guessing online that the newer part #/newer box versions have some internal updates.  In this thread its hinted that the FFB even feels different.   

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-new-version/td-p/1026361/page/2

I asked Logitech and the rep couldn't confirm or deny it either way,  which I thought was weird.    Im ready to buy a G27 but if the new part # is exactly the same wheel as the old I will save myself a few bucks and buy used.

Anyone tried both and noticed any differences?   

Got myself a new G27 (my 2nd) in March or April this year. The design of the packaging has changed, the new G27's wheel base housing and the rim are black now. It was dark grey before.

I haven't noticed any differences in the way the wheel feels though.

Got myself a new G27 (my 2nd) in March or April this year. The design of the packaging has changed, the new G27's wheel base housing and the rim are black now. It was dark grey before.

I haven't noticed any differences in the way the wheel feels though.

My G27 rim and housing was all black, circa 2011... the old style green box and all that. Maybe a territorial difference?

Anyone have any new information on this topic?   I have read lots of guessing online that the newer part #/newer box versions have some internal updates.  In this thread its hinted that the FFB even feels different.   

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-new-version/td-p/1026361/page/2

I asked Logitech and the rep couldn't confirm or deny it either way,  which I thought was weird.    Im ready to buy a G27 but if the new part # is exactly the same wheel as the old I will save myself a few bucks and buy used.

Anyone tried both and noticed any differences?   

Unless you KNOW the history of that used wheel, do yourself a favor and buy NEW. Wheels are VERY mechanical obviously, and there are a lot of parts that can wear and/or be damaged through overly enthusiastic use. New you get to know HOW that wheel has been used and you get a warranty. 

Gunstar, I came to the same conclusion and went ahead and picked up a new G27.  It was in the new all black box with the blue x ray looking picture.  The part # on the box is 941-000045, on the wheel itself the part # is 841-000042.    Not sure if you guys are talking about the rim of the wheel or the rim of the base of the wheel or the wheel base...lol..   Sliver, black and black respectively.  

As far as things I had read about in my research,  the FFB is indeed clunky and not what I had hoped for.   I notice no dead zone.  The springs in the pedals feel great as they are.  The brake is the heaviest of the three and feels pretty god to me, the gas is the lightest, I guess if you wanted more weight i could see swapping in the clutch spring but personally I see no need to do that.       

Anyway, I will post something separate on my impressions of the wheel compared to the one i've been using.   

Just as a further point of interest to this thread I was on the phone to a high level Logitech support representative yesterday and in the course of the conversation he let me know that Logitech is planning a new wheel release based on customer requested features.

It sounded well along the way as he mentioned that he thought the release could be this year or early next year at latest.

Of course take it with a grain of salt but I'm sure customer requested features would have included PS3/4 Xbone and PC compatability and I'd be surprised if Logitech didn't match the latest tech being used by Thrustmaster.