Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Arcade games I'd like to see reviewed

4 posts in this topic

Sup guys, great show.

I would like to see you guys review a couple of really underrated arcade racing games. Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for PC, and Ridge Racer 7 for PS3.

Outrun 2006 is the spiritual sequel to the original Outrun Arcade game from 1986 released by Sega. It is surprisingly a very deep driving game with a deep drifting model and is an absolute blast to play! Graphics are more on the cartoony side but that's in keeping with the style of the original game.

Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 is quite old now but is a very underrated sequel in the classic Namco franchise and is in my opinion the best version yet. Lots and lots of drifting but this time with the addition of nitrous, that can be utilized in many variations. Music is excellent and the graphics....oh my god...*THE* absolute best graphics on the PS3 from a racing game BAR NONE!!!! Better than Gran Turismo 5, better than Motorstorm 2, better than Dirty 2, better than F1 2009. Runs at 1080p at a ROCK SOLID 60fps all the time, no slowdown! Up to 14 drivers for online multiplayer and an online community that's still very active after all this time!

So please, take a good look at these two titles in a future episode. I know you like your arcade racers every now and again, so I'm sure you won't regret checking out Ridge Racer 7 for PS3 and OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast for PC/Steam.

Keep up the good work guys :)

I don't agree with the graphics being the best on ps3, because the car models are so simple and not very detailed. But overall, RR6 and RR7 are awesome games and a blast with a wheel.
whoah...you use a wheel with RR7? From what I understand, it isn't compatible with the G25 because the centering force is way to strong.

It works with the DFP, you just enter the code for reduced FFB. It is still kinda strong, but playable. I don't have a g25 so I would not know about that. I have to enter that code for F1CE on ps3 also.