Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bring jessica back....

23 posts in this topic

I love the shows but this new girl Christy doesn't quite work for me,she always seems to be saying her favourite line,can you tell us abit about this too often to shaun like hes in a police interview....don't know she seems abit fake at times,you can tell shes from the news show....cant explain what I mean, shes good but totally different for inside sim racing,does anyone else know what I mean???

Christy is more professional but I think she is a nice addition to the show. Change is often difficult but a necessary part of life. I'm sure we will be seeing Jessica again at special events like E3. 

Christy is certainly professional, but she feels almost too professional in a way. Jessica certainly didn't, even if she stumbled over names and terms she felt more genuine, if not as a sim-racer at least as someone who was interested, and she seemed to jive better with Darin and Shaun. Still, you couldn't expect her to pick up her whole life when the guys moved up to washington, so there ya go... I'm sure Christy will find her groove or move on.

I miss Jessica like a lot of other fans, but Christy is doing a good job as she adjusts to this new gig.

I'm sure she will get better still as she gets to know the guys and settles into the vibe of the show.

Im sure everyone miss Jessica but i think this thread can easily be misinterpreted against Christy which im sure was not the intention,but still i think people should not criticize Christy here and write only about Jessica's qualities although its inevitable to draw comparisons between the two.I personally like both of them and its certainly nice to see them both.

We miss Jessica too.. But we like working with Cristy as well. Go back to Jessicas original shows, and you may not say the same thing about how she performed ;-) She got into her groove after about a year and we all fell in love with her. Give Cristy a chance and I think you guys will find her getting into her groove as well. 

As much as we'd love to have Jess back, it's just not going to happen due to logistics. Not sure about E3 either as Jess is really busy with her new career. She's doing great by the way and wishes you all the best !  She misses all of you and the show a lot. 

I would like to say that I think Christy is doing an awesome job!  People hate change and that's just human nature.  A suggestion that I have is on one of the next couple of shows, get her behind the wheel of a rig.  I think there is a feeling that she is there just to do a job and it's not a hobby like it is for the rest of us.  Make it look like it is a hobby of hers and that she genuinely cares for our addiction.  I believe people would change their tune real quick because I think from a show stand point she is a great addition.  Glad to hear Jessica is doing good.

This thread is definitely not against Christy in any way,the above comments above have opened my eyes to different angles on the issue,i have not been a member of Inside Sim Racing for long  and didn't see Jessica when she was new to the show, so I think I should have gave Christy sometime to adjust,looking back I think I should have waited for Christy to have settled in before writing this post...

Karl

to MCI,

you wrote exactly what I wanted to wrote!!! All in all we appreciate the work you do Christy, welcome in our home, take the time to get comfi !!! Oh by the way, you dress just fine :-P

Christy is great. :) She leaves Darin and Shaun for dead in the professional stakes ;)

Having said that I love the show, and I would hate it if Shaun or Darin decided they didn't want to do the show anymore.

I need my ISR fix at least weekly.

Regards

I think every time Cristy comes in to record a show, you should plan for an extra 30 minutes for a time-trial challenge. Use a sim that has time trials with ghosts. Run a fast lap time, then get Cristy to sit down and try to beat the ghost... and record it. I think it would get her more addicted and more "in gear." Maybe it could become a weekly feature and shows how someone can improve over time. We might even get to see another side of Cristy when she's "behind the wheel."

A friend, a former race car driver, would do that to me. She'd come by for a visit, sit in my rig and set a fast time in a lap or two, then get up and tell me to beat her ghost. At first it would take me a few laps to beat her, and she'd point that out to me... "yeah, you got it in 20 laps." After a while, I'd beat her time in a lap or two... and she'd just get quite. That's when I knew I was improving. I learned a lot about her skill and experience by following (and eventually beating) her ghosts. She also told me one thing about Kart racing (which she started in) that dramatically improved my times.

Maybe another idea for Cristy would be a "racing school" feature, and she can give her thoughts as she learns and improves. This would be an opportunity for her to be more candid and comfortable, and less "scripted."

Christy is great. :) She leaves Darin and Shaun for dead in the professional stakes ;)

Having said that I love the show, and I would hate it if Shaun or Darin decided they didn't want to do the show anymore.

I need my ISR fix at least weekly.

Regards

Don't agree....

Don't agree....

Then what's your point? I think that Cristy is a great addition to the show and I would also hate if they would stop making videos and I check these guys' channel every single day and I am always so keen to see these guys do videos!

what?

Pretty easy to decipher, really.  You saying you can't understand him?  You can?  Oh, so you are just being a dick then, huh?

He's from Malaysia and wrote his thoughts in a foreign language, and is completely understandable by English speakers with a brain.

How's your Malaysian?

I think faces like Darin and Shaun get every sporty country girl excited and and...hey fellas why not choose insidesimracing reporter girl? You Dar and Sha get candidates and we forumers vote best one and winner jumps Jess boots?