Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rFactor 2 Driving line?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

after doing tons of research, and coming from some console racing games (like gt5 and forza), I was slowly moving to PC sims, and between (cars, iracing and rfactor2) I chose rfactor 2, it looked the most realistic, complete and cheaper for the full package.

When I just tried my first race, I noticed I couldn't activate or find the driving line aid. It's basically the only aid I ever used, and I plan to keep using it.

Do you guys know where I can find the option in rFactor 2? Or the game simply doesn't have it?

I though really hard about buying the full game, but if it doesn't have this, I'm afraid I'll refund the game, as I cannot enjoy it the same way I really wanted.

Can anyone help?

I don't think there is but who knows, someone might come up with a mod for it. Haven't played rFactor 2 much but certainly on other games, the racing line is actually highlighted by being darker than other areas.

That being said, the driving line aid, whether it is permanent, or only on during tutorials to get your licenses for GT for example, is to give you an idea of how to drive various corners rather than being something you have to rely on. You should be able to drive a decent line through any corner without aid if you have been playing racing games long enough. Also if you are not driving against the AI, you'll find various lines being used and actually trying to follow a pre-determined line can cause crashes if you continue to follow it when being overtaken. 

If you are a little low on experience and not confident about racing without the line being visible I'd perhaps recommend trying a cheaper sim, like rFactor to actually try and get used to driving without one. There is plenty of content and racing still going on so you won't miss out. It'll give you a chance to see if you can drive without a driving line aid without costing you lots of money.

If I were you I would have gone with iRacing even though it is more expensive it is worth the money, also try to learn the track without the driving line... At the end you should almost be quicker without the driving line since then you will have your own braking points and you can start to brake just at the correct time that feels good for you.

^^ agree..... does not have this feature... dont give up practice makes perfect and you remember the track from doing so..you wont be dissapointed with rfr2 and for iracing it will need to pick up its game like other sims to compete with RF2 in the future. RF2 still might be developing but it is pushing the boundries so far in sim racing..

I agree with Coops and James.  Get RFactor 2 and soon Assetto Corsa and practice in those sims.  Better driving physics and FFB.  There are MANY quides online about driving lines through corners and such.

If you have any specific questions, i'd love to help :)