Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think my G27 is finished

11 posts in this topic

Hi Team

My G27 has had absolutely no problems in the year or so I've had it but now it won't calibrate. It goes to spin as its supposed to be stops immediately. Also I noticed that the green power light just blinks.

I've unplugging EVERYTHING and the same things happens

Is this the end of my beloved G27?

Make sure it is plugged directly into a dedicated computer usb port,...no hubs or keyboards. If the power supply is plugged into a powerbar, make sure it is ON. Uninstall and reinstall the Logitech Wingman software. If none of these work you probably have a dead motor, in which case you will have to either buy a used G27 for parts or a new one. The G27 comes with 1 year limited warranty.

Make sure it is plugged directly into a dedicated computer usb port,...no hubs or keyboards. If the power supply is plugged into a powerbar, make sure it is ON. Uninstall and reinstall the Logitech Wingman software. If none of these work you probably have a dead motor, in which case you will have to either buy a used G27 for parts or a new one. The G27 comes with 1 year limited warranty.

Unless it's changed recently the G27 actually has a 2 year warranty. The first year is covered by the supplier, unless they've gone out of business, and the second year is covered by Logitech themselves. You can register online and fill in the required details.

Just to include another possible reason for improper calibration might be an optical encoder issue.  If your lucky the sensor 'board' might just be loose and just needs retightening to the motor or that the 'encoder wheel' is loosely spinning on the motor shaft and just needs a squirt of crazy glue.  Just be careful that you don't damage the wheel since it is made of plastic and thin.  If the wheel is damaged there is a outside manufacturer located in Thailand that makes these in copper and quite durable, see videos below.  The first vid shows a G25 but trust me the same sensor is on the G27 as well since I've fixed mine using this as reference.

BTW, one of the tweaks I've read is having the wheel repositioned closer to the black sensor for calibration accuracy but not in such a way that it will be hitting parts on the sensor board as it spins.  Be very gentle with the original plastic wheel if you plan on trying this otherwise that Thailand link posted will be your only savior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/7vEe6j8KOxU"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/jafJonDnrWk"

My half-year-old G27 sploded a few weeks ago. Encoder disc issue, it would suddenly decide "center" was 30 degrees of left steering lock.

I ordered a replacement encoder, but my Fanatec CSR showed up first so the G27 is currently sitting around here somewhere collecting dust.

Hi Team

Thanks for all the replies

I've like quadriple checked all the lines and everything checks out, I've even swap the board behind the wheel and it still wouldn't work. I've heard the encoder thing but I wouldn't know how to fix it. I might have to make a trip to Trade me (new zealands equivilent to ebay) where they have them really cheap