Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 for the XBOX ONE.

56 posts in this topic

Like what? When I watched the reveal, I saw a lot of what can be done from the non-game entertainment side of things, but not much from the game side of things. Basically the told us multi core processor and 8gb ram. But we do not know what the speed of the processor or the type of ram. This leaves possibilities for a system that is bellow, on-par, or above that of the PS4. We also know the have changed the way controllers "talk" to the system, but no real answers.

Once we see E3 we will have a better understanding on what the system and games will have to offer. At this stage it is still all speculation. Even M$ said that it was still evolving and nothing is set in stone.

Really, I don't think we will have a lot of answers untill the system release. Then everything will be set in stone.... till they do a system update.

I am referring to the ongoing backlash over several other things Microsoft are introducing with the Xbox One which makes it a little more than just showing a box. The only thing really pertinent to sim-racing through is the suggestion that Microsoft won't be supporting third-party headsets. If you take that idea further it could present problems with having a wheel compatible with the system. But as you say, a lot of speculation at this stage so we will see what they want to do at E3.

so after over 2 years of dev and after millions spent on advertising and with the greatest minds all locked in a room they come up with.......'ONE'.   "I know lets just put a one after the xbox and go get a burrito. genius

so after over 2 years of dev and after millions spent on advertising and with the greatest minds all locked in a room they come up with.......'ONE'.   "I know lets just put a one after the xbox and go get a burrito. genius

LOL.

It's funny too, HTC makes a line of phones called the ONE series, and the newest one is the ONE. Seems like that's the hot name this year.

no G25 or Fanatec Clubsport wheel support, no xbox one -- screw forza 5 and 4 and xbox ill keep my money 

for a fanatec shifter. maybe ;)

RACE 07 

Rfactor 1&2

project cars 

autoclub revolution

simraceway

f12012

GPL

DIRT 3 

do i really need a console when racing with my clubsport wheel on a pc is so much better.. 

oh and if i wanna change a channel i'll pick up my remote!!

just lazy xbox so lazy!!

yeah i was forced into buying xbox and then a 911 fanatec wheel, then we built a pc for all the other games. he he xbox doesn't get turned on anymore..

forza was fun but the lack of hardware compatibility kills it, imagine if xbox thought about it... and enabled thrustmaster g25,27 fanatec csw and others how much money they would make just from sim/arcade racing just from the games!! bunch of idiots.

and to the respect of the wheels pc has better feel than xbox, and much more options to change the way it feels so xbox fail.

911 wheel didn't feel all that good on the xbox anywayz, due to lack of centre spring and FFB reversed or something..weird oh yeah its xbox..

Yes, yes! Consoles suck. We get that. Only casual players play on xbox and ps3. And it is a crime that MS is allowed to enter your house, put a gun to your head and make you buy their console. Also that then Fanatec follows behind and threatens to kill your children if you don't buy a wheel and play Forza.

All hail the Pc master race!

Or better yet.... If you don't have anything to contributer to the thread, don't respond.

M$ has brought out a new/different type of console, but does that mean that the current generation xbox is dead? I read that M$ projects sales of the xbox slim to soar from 60 million to 100 million in the next five years.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-predicts-record-breaking-xbox-360-xbox-one-sales-1154375

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-360-will-get-e3-love-with-huge-microsoft-announcement-1153883

I don't think anyone has come out and said that game Devs won't continue to support the current xbox. Why couldn't it just continue on like it has with new games and wheels, etc. Maybe M$ is simply bringing out another device to make money on... the XBox0ne? I may be totally off on this, but have read some articles recently, that imply just that.

I race casually on pc and xbox, and am in no way ashamed to say, I really like my current Xbox360 Slim....a lot.

I can't wait to see the faces or better yet the I Was Wrong posts from all the PC snobs that said the X-Box console would be obsolete.. Consoles are a great thing for us commom folk and I for one am glad M$ sees the need and will continue on for a long time with the 360.  I have just as much fun with one 360 and one screen and one game as the guy who thinks 3 screens and a PC setup make the man better.  I bet we never see an I was wrong post...maybe someone will ...

I like consoles but I just enjoy PC more... Can't explain.

That is fine... but please stop bashing consoles. You also like to convey mis-information. You can have trips, handbrake, shifter, and hell, I even have tactile, and I know guys with button boxes. So, the only thing that consoles don't have is motion.

By the way, check out my rig in my sig. I also since the last update have a DSD shifter, Th8rs with a custom short shift plate and custom made shift knob. Plus my handbrake, which was my fanatec seq. is being replaced shortly with a custom job from a friend of mine.

I have more on my console rig than most PC racers.... and yet we are to feel inferior?

It's all in how you take it I guess. I'm not looking to insult you, as much as simply call attention to it how it is. You need to be careful in throwing your "expertise" and "opinions" out there on things you might not know alot about.

I don't think you're a bad guy, and I don't doubt your enthusiasm, you just might want to dial it back a bit. So if you're insulted, so be it. But it's not malicious. 

I was watching that, pretty exciting, but a little sad, as, of course other than the M$ Wireless Wheel that Fanatec has been the official Forza wheel since Forza 1 (with the Speedster 3).

Still, if the new TM wheel has compatible pedals/rims with the current T500, I'll be happy. =) 

The wheel used at E3 certainly looks like it's based on the T500, but it's either a prototype or they're hiding something in that huge base-box. Maybe they want to cover up that a regular T500 works with Xbox One, or they just rigged something up to work for E3, so this may not indicate anything at all to us.

If it's the case, it's interesting that Thrustmaster, which produced the only "licensed" Gran Turismo wheel, is now possibly producing a wheel for Xbox One.

Still hoping Microsoft will be "smart" and allow PC-compatible wheels to work with Xbox One--but I don't expect it.

Of course, we can speculate all we want, but we really won't know until there are official announcements.