Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 5 for the XBOX ONE.

56 posts in this topic

Not impressed. I see myself going for the Play Station, especially if I have to buy a new controller/wheel. I'd like the cars to look like race cars without significant modding or up sales from MS. I also want to race on race tracks not scenic locales. Looks like a merger of Horizons (yawn) and Four not a further refinement of the Forza racing franchise.

Maybe its time to get that game computer ready for iRacing.

Didn't impress me.  That Forza 5 trailer looked like it was CG.   They showed no real gameplay at all during the press conf of any game let alone Forza.  There was a little in the Call of Duty:  Ghosts trailer but even then, it was a trailer.

Right now I'm more impressed with the PS4 unless they totally screw up E3.  They have a chance to be a real game machine where as Microsoft seems to want to do battle with GoogleTV and AppleTV, two platforms no one at all cares about.  

This pretty much says it all about the Xbox One today  ...   the Price is Right was their first demo of the show, not a game of the Price is Right  but the actual TV show   ....  yes that you can spend hundreds on a box to "tell" your TV to watch the Price is Right.   Wow that is impressive.   :-|

Totally UNIMPRESSED! Give me buttons to push. I don't need or want all that crap, waving my arms and talking to it. I'm anti-social, I don't want to talk to my TV. :ugeek:  More crap to go wrong . What I am impressed with is, the xbox I have now!

If M$ goes for another proprietary (BS) accessories scheme like the ol' XBrick has, Sony will wipe the floor with them in this next generation of consoles.  The world is a different place than it was when the last generation was released.  The fact that I couldn't use the G25 I have (and am selling) held me back from getting an Xbrick for a couple years.  Then again, I am now an admin at TORA and primarily play FM4 currently, but I'm definately the typical console consumer... It both new uber-consoles are not stanardized in some way in terms of imput, I will be shocked, and relieved. It will make my first purchase of the new console generation much easier. 
Does anyone know if M$ has announced if FM5 will be a release title? If it is, I'm skeptical that it will have any of the bugs fixed that it has had for generations now.

MS has announced that 360 controllers will not be cross compatible, so that's that, however there is always that slim chance that it will support generic USB accessories like Logitech wheels... although I wouldn't hold my breath. To Sony's credit they kept standard USB support across PS2 to PS3, so there is at present no reason to believe they'll drop it for PS4... although once again, you never know.

No original XBOX controller support. Epic fail by M$...

This could be a good thing as it may mean MS has gone down the Sony route of using generic PC drivers for controllers (enabling all PC wheels to work via USB) rather than sticking to their crappy propriety stuff.

Not having a G27 work on the xbox has seen my 360 gather dust since 2010 and kept me playing GT5 only.

Forgot turn10s attempt at the 'Ring in Forza 3 & 4 that aren't great and the small failure that was them taking it upon themselves to widen tracks they felt were too hard to race on............ Making it hard to view it as anything other than an arcade racer (without having to bother even playing it).

Well MS destroyed themselves yesterday IMO.

So glad I've just built myself a new PC.

Oooooo a halo tv series, ooooooo American football (awesome UK selling point), ooooo you can watch tv, ooooo you can watch videos, ooooo it's got kinect.

OOOOOOOO WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Forza looked like an arcade game, pretty sure it was all cgi and no actuall gameplay,

In all fairness though, only time will tell as to what the new consoles will offer, but I'm not impressed by anything that's been brought to the table.

At this stage of the game, it's hard to make any real assessment of what we'll be getting this coming holiday season. Right now it's all hype and "expand your world" kind of stuff.

The Forza 5 images are reportedly in-game, real-time. However, at this time, the video does look more like a Project Gotham title than Forza--but it's all we should expect for now.

http://www.virtualr.net/forza-motorsport-5-mclaren-p1-previews

We're just being "dazzled" by the two big players to get our attention. As usual, just wait and see.

I just hope the new "Xbox Tivo" features don't get in the way of playing games. CRASH!!! fellow online player: "What happened?" Myself: "It must have thought I said 'Xbox, go home."

On a side note, for ANY forum (it's not that big of a problem here), if anyone wishes to criticize or bash a particular game, racing, or sim title--my first question is, "so what level did you reach in the game you're criticizing?" it should be required that they must list the level they have reached in both the titles they are comparing. For example, in Gran Turismo 5, I have "completed" the game (100%) and reached level 40 (max) in both A and B spec, and have over 1,200 cars in my garage. In Forza 4, I'm at level 277, 84.8% through the career, and have 550 cars (max) in my garage.

All too often, I have witnessed a "Gran-Turismo only" player sit down with Forza for five minutes, then get up and say, "yep, it's crap." They run laps without considering setup, or the fact that in many cars, you need to run at least two laps to get the tires warm. It's like a driver spending months driving his favorite car on the same track, being handed the keys to another car, he goes out and runs two laps, sets very low times, parks the car, throws the keys back, and says, "what a piece of junk." It actually may be a much better car, but there's no way he would really know in the time he committed to it.

At this stage of the game, it's hard to make any real assessment of what we'll be getting this coming holiday season. Right now it's all hype and "expand your world" kind of stuff.

The Forza 6 images are reportedly in-game, real-time. However, at this time, the video does look more like a Project Gotham title than Forza--but it's all we should expect for now.

http://www.virtualr.net/forza-motorsport-5-mclaren-p1-previews

We're just being "dazzled" by the two big players to get our attention. As usual, just wait and see.

I just hope the new "Xbox Tivo" features don't get in the way of playing games. CRASH!!! fellow online player: "What happened?" Myself: "It must have thought I said 'Xbox, go home."

On a side note, for ANY forum (it's not that big of a problem here), if anyone wishes to criticize or bash a particular game, racing, or sim title--my first question is, "so what level did you reach in the game you're criticizing?" it should be required that they must list the level they have reached in both the titles they are comparing. For example, in Gran Turismo 5, I have "completed" the game (100%) and reached level 40 (max) in both A and B spec, and have over 1,200 cars in my garage. In Forza 5, I'm at level 277, 84.8% through the career, and have 550 cars (max) in my garage.

All too often, I have witnessed a "Gran-Turismo only" player sit down with Forza for five minutes, then get up and say, "yep, it's crap." They run laps without considering setup, or the fact that in many cars, you need to run at least two laps to get the tires warm. It's like a driver spending months driving his favorite car on the same track, being handed the keys to another car, he goes out and runs two laps, sets very low times, parks the car, throws the keys back, and says, "what a piece of junk." It actually may be a much better car, but there's no way he would really know in the time he committed to it.

Best post of the thread so far.

Well, the Fanatec wheels weren't made for the Xbox One so maybe they will have to make new wheels for the users of this console.

I hope someone makes a decent wheel for X1. If it is Fanatec, then at least you won't have to buy new pedals and shifters. Just the base.

But who knows. All this speculation about what F5 is like (without seeing game play), what wheels are going to be available, ect... and we haven't even seen E3. All M$ has done is say they are making a box... and it plays games.

I hope someone makes a decent wheel for X1. If it is Fanatec, then at least you won't have to buy new pedals and shifters. Just the base.

But who knows. All this speculation about what F5 is like (without seeing game play), what wheels are going to be available, ect... and we haven't even seen E3. All M$ has done is say they are making a box... and it plays games.

They have done a little more than that to be honest....

They have done a little more than that to be honest....

Like what? When I watched the reveal, I saw a lot of what can be done from the non-game entertainment side of things, but not much from the game side of things. Basically the told us multi core processor and 8gb ram. But we do not know what the speed of the processor or the type of ram. This leaves possibilities for a system that is bellow, on-par, or above that of the PS4. We also know the have changed the way controllers "talk" to the system, but no real answers.

Once we see E3 we will have a better understanding on what the system and games will have to offer. At this stage it is still all speculation. Even M$ said that it was still evolving and nothing is set in stone.

Really, I don't think we will have a lot of answers untill the system release. Then everything will be set in stone.... till they do a system update.