Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r factor 2, to buy or not to buy

16 posts in this topic

I like the look of this, I love iracing but I want a sim where I can just race with no thought of points and incedents and all that, and to race against ai to get me used to having other cars around me, my finger is hovering over the buy now button but I wanted to hear your guys verdict on it, good and bad

Have you done ghost racing on iRacing ? You can also do hosted sessions that don't count towards iRating etc..

Now.. that being said, should you get rF2..?  Heck yes you should !  and Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and Raceroom if you can afford them:-) All have different things that make them unique and fun. 

Have you done ghost racing on iRacing ? You can also do hosted sessions that don't count towards iRating etc..

Now.. that being said, should you get rF2..?  Heck yes you should !  and Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and Raceroom if you can afford them:-) All have different things that make them unique and fun. 

+1 to this

Also consider getting some older titles like GT Legends or GTR2.

Project CARS is not available to buy into right now. If youre on a budget, and want some great sim racing with AI, look into the Simbin titles on Steam. Race07, Race Injection, GTR Evolution, Race On, GT Legends and GTR2. Any/all of those are great titles, and wont break the bank. But, if you have the means, I highly recommend picking up rFactor2 :)

Btw, Raceroom Racing Experience is free to play, with content available for purchase. 

Simraceway is also free to play. ALL tracks are free, and you start with one car. You earn credits by just doing laps in Quick Races or Events, and can buy new cars with those credits or use cash. SRW staff are always available in chat (web or in-game) to answer questions.

Hi,

you definitely should buy it! It is just the best driving sim you can get at the moment. Physics, the feeling for the car, the tires, the FFB ... is absolutely stunning and all this provides the most realistic driving experience out of all the sims that are available at the moment.

In case you haven't seen the new teaser picture ISI just posted... Maybe this can help you with your decision:

SILVER.jpg

This will be the next track ISI will release as new content! And I really like this ingame shot (and that track of course!)

haven't tried the ghost racing, hows that work? looking like im gonna go rfactor2 just for a blast around, still gonna keep my iracing career as priority but just for the weekends, after a days work im beat, thanks guys

IMHO.....rf2 best phyisics, best ffb and real road put it above other sims already, but worth every cent. buy the lifetime as it will not cost you any more in the future. why pay a yearly subscription ? So glad its not another sim that just keeps asking you to put your hand in your pocket all of the time if you want new content...yippee.  No laser scanned tracks but not the end of the world.

I'm not sure about GTR1, but all the others should run on triples. Imho that bundle is great value for money, even if I have to say I don't really like the titles from the RACE and GTR-evo series. But especially GTL and GTR2 are real diamonds!

just downloaded gtr2, need help, the game finds my steering but that's it, having to navigate the menu on triple with a mouse is HARD, cant seem to find anywhere to map pedals, when I enter DRIVE it just turns full lock and full throttle in reverse, what the heck am I not doing right?

GTR2 and GT Legends will play on triples but the menu is skewed over the triple screens and hard to navigate.

Race07 (Race Injection) and it's add on packs fully support triples and even the replays play using triples (something I wish rFactor 1 and 2 did)

Personally, I like the Race07 series, there are mods out there and I like the graphics considering it's age.

Ptux, I can't remember how to set up a wheel and pedals in GTR2, been a while since I fire that up.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I think the answer is pretty clear regarding RFactor 2 :)

you definitely should buy it! It is just the best driving sim you can get at the moment. Physics, the feeling for the car, the tires, the FFB ... is absolutely stunning and all this provides the most realistic driving experience out of all the sims that are available at the moment.

IMHO.....rf2 best phyisics, best ffb and real road put it above other sims already, but worth every cent. buy the lifetime as it will not cost you any more in the future. why pay a yearly subscription ? So glad its not another sim that just keeps asking you to put your hand in your pocket all of the time if you want new content...yippee.

Physics wise it´s really the benchmark for simracing already I feel. Been so for a while and keeps getting better :)

Agreed - RFactor 2 is currently the best driving sim experience by far IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

rFactor2 has a ton of work still needs to be done but when I'm on that track nothing touches it.

;)