Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrari 458 Challenge Replica - GTE Add On for Thrustmaster T500 RS

53 posts in this topic

Sad to hear about the wheel being smaller than the GT wheel. I love the moving paddle shifters however.

The static paddles don't bother me, most real sports cars do have static paddles after all, and I also have the TH8 shifter. For most people tho the static paddles seem to be a dealbreaker, so now they have an alternative, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the next RS wheel not have them at all.

I would have liked a replacement rim for the less game-y look tho, and the gamepad on the wheel was less than ideal too I guess... someday I'll probably do a DSD adapter with a Sparco or MOMO rim, if I can find a deal on the rim.

...someday I'll probably do a DSD adapter with a Sparco or MOMO rim, if I can find a deal on the rim.

I would recommend that route obviously :smile:

A real wheel feels better in your hands, looks much less like a toy and in most cases are lighter which has a variety of unexpected benefits.

Well my take is this, maybe they did not get it 100% right by releasing the rim a bit small...

...but they did address the rotating paddle shifters, and according to some EU sim retailers...

...will be releasing a Load Cell mod come May 21.

So they do seem to be trying to address some of the concerns cited by the community.

Be interesting to see what happens down the road with the original GT wheel.

For people, who are looking for a 320mm rim, I give this one a "bump":

http://www.mobsim.fr/mod-thrustmaster.html

It's ~130€ plus shipping. But it comes without rotating paddles. Might be interesting, especially for Europeans. Mobsim is located in France. All functions of the stock GT rim are included.

I've seen this before, but where do you turn it to English?!

Its here ... In Australia !! Great wheel and works beautifully !!  The different physical weight of the wheel makes a huge difference in how it feels and the feedback it generates.... The best of both previous wheels.. and the size is PERFECT..

2c1a457d-4884-4ef0-adf8-d670747b77a7_zps

Hmm, I am kinda embarrassed, but I just discovered something last night, after having this wheel-rim for about 4 months now.

The mannetino-switch is also a pushbutton!

It has 3 functions (tip up, tip down, and push)

So... Am I the only one who didn't know, or am I the first to actually discover this? :D :D

Hmm, I am kinda embarrassed, but I just discovered something last night, after having this wheel-rim for about 4 months now.

The mannetino-switch is also a pushbutton!

It has 3 functions (tip up, tip down, and push)

So... Am I the only one who didn't know, or am I the first to actually discover this? :D :D

You are not, Iam going to buy button box for more functions. GTE has too few. I liked the size of this wheel cuz I have small hands.