Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrari 458 Challenge Replica - GTE Add On for Thrustmaster T500 RS

53 posts in this topic

Our first look and review of the Ferrari 458 Challenge replica rim or "GTE Add On" for the Thrustmaster T500 RS. Officially licensed by Ferrari, this new rim has 6 push buttons modeled after the real life wheel in the Ferrari 458 Challenge car.  It also has the Manettino switch that this car has made famous.  The wheel is 28 cm wide and has a rubberized grip with a brushed metal spoke base.  It also features paddle shifter that do rotate with the wheel.  This wheel is one of te add ons to the Thrustmaster T500RS wheel base

Pretty slick! I don't know if it brings so much to the table that I need to replace my GT rim, but it is perfect for people who bought the F1 Integral and need/want a round wheel now.

Great! I saw and heard from your Facebook account that you have the T500 F1 Wheel Mod... When will the review of that be made? Also is it from http://f1wheelmod.webs.com/ here?

Yeah, I am waiting for that too for sure. I don't think the one they have is the mod tho, I think it's a whole new wheel that just looks alot like the TM F1 wheel.

Looking at the page, I think you're right, in fact I'm pretty sure their logo is actually just put on the image, probably to obscure the pony and avoid any trademark issues.

The wheel looks better in this review than it does in the FB pics IMO.That switch bottom right thats spring loaded so it returns to "1" would be alright for certain functions like Increase/decrease selected or for brake bias.I saw Darin look left and right with it.If you hold it does it continue to cycle or do you need to push it every time?

I've had other hardware in the past like the act-labs shifter which also required a few minutes and a tool to change over gate plates.If I owned a T500 I would definitely own all 3 wheels and admit it wouldn't be a big deal to change them out but a quick release like on a real race car and one competitors wheel would be much better.FYI I can change the wheel while in a server with the CSW with no issues as long as I dont turn the base off.

hmm far too dinky small for my liking, nice wheel though.  I'm still very happy I got a real MOMO wheel with a DSD adapter

By the way it's very easy to remove the static paddles.

Hi Guys... I wanted to pre-order it on their site but the Thrustmaster website is down LOL, they announced that wheel everywhere and no where to purchase it... come on guys, be serious !!!

It's back up this morning Jack. I know they were planning on releasing some other new products, perhaps the updates caused issues. Anyway, I didn't see anything more there than I've already seen (talking only about the wheel). None of the retailers are showing it for pre-order or otherwise... yet. 

If someone spots them for sale I'm sure we will get the memo. lol

Bailey

^ along with a mod to make the wheel bigger :smile:

100% agree. The Ferrari wheel being smaller than the GT wheel actually killed it for me... While the suede would be nice, the rim being the right size would have been EPIC, and IMO given the T500 a wheel on par with the CSW BMW rim.