Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juan Zapata Quick Release for the G27

7 posts in this topic

Hello 
I was Wondering if anyone has gotten the quick release from him and is using a Steel Series SRW-S1 wheel with it. I have gotten the product and it works fine with the stock g27 wheel but when i put the SRW-S1 wheel onto the G27 it doesnt recognize any of the SRW buttons. If anyone had this problem or knows the fix can you please help me.
                                                                                                                                             -Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I got my kit from Juan about 2 weeks ago.

To be sure - you do have the SRW-S1 usb plugged in also along with the G27 ? Both need to be recognized by Windows - you will have 2 controllers basically - when you want to use the SRW-S1 as the wheel and the G27 base for force feedback. When you use the G27 wheel and base, it's just a good old G27 (albeit with a fancy quick release attachment).

My experience has been that when the SRW-S1 is used in this manner, the buttons and paddles work with all my sims. Out of the box, the dials do not work (though there is a program out there - Dial Utility by Charlie Sears - that lets you use the dials in iRacing).

I am still experimenting trial and error style to document best setups for each sim I own. My issue seems to be getting forcefeedback to work right away (without fiddling) when the SRW-S1 is used as the wheel. I get it to work, but it could be easier !

Also note Ryan, that the rev lights can work in rFactor and rFactor 2. First, you must have the sim Simraceway. It is the sim recommended (built for) the SRW-S1. This is a free download - it only costs $ if you buy extra content. All you do is copy the Plugins folder .dll files from Simraceway to the Plugins folder of rFactor / rFactor 2. Apparently Simraceway and rFactor use much the same code ?

PM me if you have troubles - I am certainly not an expert - but I've got it working ! As more people get this system from Juan, I'm sure there will be more info on the net and sim forums.

Good luck,

Dave

Gunstar, there is so far little in way of reviews of Juan's system. If you do a web search, mostly in site forums, you can find a few personal reviews by the odd person. I became convinced by watching vids by Radicals Online Racing, especially Pablo Lopez, who uses the system. He has a video of his rig and shows both rims in action.

As far as buying the system, I did so directly through Juan at his website, Simulaje. All I did was use the email route provided at the site. Juan was very prompt in answering all my questions with regard to all the components I wanted, prices, and shipping. I used Paypal and had the kit all the way from Spain well within 2 weeks.

I'm not going to insist that this kit is for everyone. But as you say, it is awesome looking, and works like a charm.

HI Dave55....

Thx for helping person with his questions about the JZ Quick release for G27....

I do have a question for you...  That is when you ordered the Kit which one did you ordered..?

He say he has his full one which is 5 pieces that is 90 Euros  and there is the medium one which 3 pieces and that's 55 Euros...

The SRW-S! kit is 20 Euros

I just want to use G27 Wheel for NASCAR and switch it out for SRW-S1 for Formula 1  and other cars that would use it...

So which one Should I get..?

The Full one or the Medium one..?

thx :)

Very sorry CREW1963 for not answering you in June. I have not checked old posts until now, so I just found out about your question. Perhaps you have already made a decision, but just in case... I think I paid the 90 euro price. Not sur how many pieces it amounted to but what is needed for you (same as I wanted) is the receptacle adapter for the G27 base, and 2 adapters - one for the G27 wheel and anther for the Srw-s1 - so you can swap one for the other as you wish. Sounds like 3 piece to me, but Juan May call it 5 because of wires he includes ?

Again sorry for not responding sooner - hopefully you are enjoying your Quick Release already.

Dave