Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blurry Windshield

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to remove the filthy yellow windshield look in rF2? It's bad enough to keep me from wanting to play the game. It seems like I am having to look through a murky yellow Saran-Wrapped windshield. Realism shameelism. :mad:  I'd prefer clear visuals. Other than that, the latest ATI drivers on my 7870 running  3 Viewsonics is quite playable. If I can figure how to kick out the windshield Id be happy...unless it's more than a windshield issue. :cool::shock::eek:

Try turning off Sun occulation (or something like that) in video settings, I don't think it's something on the windshield, I think it's a sun reflection thing.

I have that turned off and don't have that problem, I once did though and like you said, there's certain levels of realism I can do without! lol

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Anyone know how to remove the filthy yellow windshield look in rF2? It's bad enough to keep me from wanting to play the game. It seems like I am having to look through a murky yellow Saran-Wrapped windshield. Realism shameelism. :mad:  I'd prefer clear visuals. Other than that, the latest ATI drivers on my 7870 running  3 Viewsonics is quite playable. If I can figure how to kick out the windshield Id be happy...unless it's more than a windshield issue. :cool::shock::eek:

post-11166-0-71939900-1365769129_thumb.j

It Worked! I tried it with the center monitor just to see how it would work. Man what a difference! Crystal clear! Now that I've proved validity to your suggestion, I'm looking for 3 Volkwagon Beatle Bug wiper motors. The wipers are the perfect size for the 22's and the motors will go well with the clear trim around the Viewsonic monitors like the two were made to be together! 

Now, if things get a little blurry, I just have to flip a switch. I'm working on a manifold for a washer nozzel that will evenly spray windshield washer fluid evenly over the Viewsonics. This is especially helpful in games like DIrt3 when mud gets passed around like a dirty crack ho on steroids :eek:

There's a problem to your idea though, what about cars without windshields? (old race cars, really old, lol)

I guess you could buy a pair of goggles and have that dirty crack ho on steriods throw mud at you? LOL :P

Glad you got the glare out of rFactor-2. :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<