Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster t500 stock brake mod

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am looking to buy a stock  brake mod for the t500. I have the basher brake mod and I love it (comparing it to my nixim mod for the g27). I would like to take the second one and make it a clutch mod. So if you have a set of t500 pedals that you don't use or don't use the break mod please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I am looking to buy a stock  brake mod for the t500. I have the basher brake mod and I love it (comparing it to my nixim mod for the g27). I would like to take the second one and make it a clutch mod. So if you have a set of t500 pedals that you don't use or don't use the break mod please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

If you contacted Thrustmaster I'm sure they'd sell you one.  I was thinking the same for the accelerator since currently it feels like a bumper car accelerator.

ok, tried to go through thrustmaster and this is what they wrote back with: 

We would like to inform you that the brake mods do not fit under the clutch and gaspedal, only under the brakepedal.

Is this true? I think they just want you using it for what they had intended on being used for. 

ok, tried to go through thrustmaster and this is what they wrote back with: 

We would like to inform you that the brake mods do not fit under the clutch and gaspedal, only under the brakepedal.

Is this true? I think they just want you using it for what they had intended on being used for. 

That's a rubbish response from Thrustmaster, there's holes in the pedal plate for it. 

I know cause I took my brake bush mod off the brake and attached it to the gas to see if it would fit and it worked fine. 

The brake bush mod worked good on the gas pedal, HOWEVER I couldn't get a good feel for when the gas was fully pressed, there were many times when I thought it was fully pressed when it wasn't so I wasn't going full speed. 

With an additional modification I think you could get it to work so that you get a better feel when the pedal is fully pressed but just need some additional brake mods to tinker with.

yea thats what I thought. Why else would they have extra holes drilled on both sides of the gas and clutch pedal.

Ok so if anybody wants to sell there t500 brake mod please let me know.

It's your prerogative what you want to use it for so you could just lie to them and say that you lost it or that it broke and request for a new one :smile:

It's your prerogative what you want to use it for so you could just lie to them and say that you lost it or that it broke and request for a new one :smile:

That is what I was thinking! Why would they even care, just sell me a couple! LOL.