Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 2 executable stopped working (pc) ? HELP

3 posts in this topic

I have been happy playing Dirt 2, and suddenly one day i went to go play it and an error came up saying "Dirt 2 executable stopped working" and wouldnt load.

This is for the pc version, and i have spent alot of time reading forums as i googled the problem, lots of people are having issues.

I have reinstalled games for windows live as sugested in one forum, still same problem, tryed everything on the Steam & Coademasters forums.

Has anyone else had this problem?

can anyone suggest or help me out here?

thanks in advance.

p.s this is so anoying as the 1st Dirt did a simular thing but it was a cd key problem and so ended in the garbage, arrrrr why dont Codemasters seem to produce a bug free rally game.

Has been happening to me but rarely. Have you tried reinstalling the game as well as GFWL?

There was also a patch released recently, might have something to do with it. Something might have went awry during the patch's instalation or you should try install it if it didn't automaticaly update.

Hope someone else has some idea as, in this case, reinstalling the game is the only thing I can come up with. :(

Gotta say I was really looking forward to Dirt 2 on the PC. I even sold my PS3 copy. After PC Dirt 2 corrupted save game I repurchased the PS3 version and now it's the only version I play.