Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 posts in this topic

Presenting Episode 1 The Opinion Nation. Hosted by Cristy Aranguiz, this show was created to separate these types of  topics  from our This Week Inside Sim Racing show. Besides stating our opinions, we want yours on these subjects. We hope these subjects invoke discussion, debate, thought and maybe a little controversy. 

Please keep your comments constructive or they will be deleted. 

Topics:

Mental Preparation for Sim Racing.. What do you do: 

We hope you enjoy this new format !

Ahhhhhh .... now I see what you guys have been working on !!!

Thumbs up .... Nice addition to the show !!!

Now get back to work on that episode you promised about moving up from the rookie level in iracing !!!

Keep up the good work.

Ahhhhhh .... now I see what you guys have been working on !!!

Thumbs up .... Nice addition to the show !!!

Now get back to work on that episode you promised about moving up from the rookie level in iracing !!!

Keep up the good work.

Part one is done and our flakey editor from California left us hanging on part 2.. ugh.. I'll be getting on it myself and hope to have both parts out by next week. 

I liked the show and "new girl".. just ease up with forcing professionalism, it would be more fun if she takes things more casual, we all know that she isn't in "simracing world" so there is no need to present different.. 

she can have just piece of paper in front of her with few questions and like short guides and that's enough .. so more looking in camera and in person you have conversation with.. i understand this is braking ice, and think she did really good job.. but my point really is - we sure don't mind more casual talk, as we are all casual :)

ups, i missed early march episode so didn't know for stig licence plates on her toyota :) sincere apology for making assumptions  :oops:

I like this show and I think Cristy is doing a good job.

I have just one remark, she talks very fast so for someone who's native language is not english it is sometimes difficult to understand and I have to rewind a lot to get the right picture.

Good job on the new show.

Cristy , your doing a great job too.!! Once you'all get a couple shows under the belt things will smooth out!

we all miss Jessica, but I think Cristy will fill that spot nicely.. welcome!

cheers

Good job on the new show.

Cristy , your doing a great job too.!! Once you'all get a couple shows under the belt things will smooth out!

we all miss Jessica, but I think Cristy will fill that spot nicely.. welcome!

cheers

+1

1st off, welcome to ISRT Cristy, great job with your first episode. :)

2nd off, interesting idea for a new seperate show for ISRT, do you guys plan on doing something like voice interviews over something like teamspeak or other forms of VOIP? not everyone can make it to the studio.

I would like to hear interviews not only with the more famous sim racers but also from the average guys and gals out there. This could be quite interesting.

I also agree, the Darin issue is getting old, maybe time to move on?

Is Christy going to also host the regular show and specials? I hope she does.

Great first show of Opinion Nation everyone! :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Good show.

I like the idea much better of having off topic subjects (None hardware and software) put into this show. Very good idea to split the two.

What I would like to see is a discussion and examples on how to behave while racing. Show more positive stuff and leave out the troll stuff.

There is a lot that can be said to the new people coming into Sim Racing (like me) and show us how to deal with those frustrating moments.

Keep it professional and good luck with the shows  

Great comments and "Opinions" everyone !  Keep them coming !!

The 2.4 talk is done... We wanted the subject to be more about mental preparation. Shaun does touch on my breakdown, but also goes into how he handles things and how to prepare and make sure things are blocked out of your mind and peripheral view. 

Great show.

I think it's unfortunate that it has to exist though as there is too much "politics" involved in the sport.

I would prefer if what happened on the tarmac stayed on the tarmac but that will never be the case so i think having a show to discuss the issues on peoples minds is a great idea. 

Hi Everyone:

The Opinion Nation. Hosted by Cristy Aranguiz

I see nothing but good constuctive talk from these eposides.  Cristy as a viewer you did a fine job hosting the show and look forward to many more. 

Take Care,

TIn Can & Scooter

I like the new show idea and don't think the "Darin issue" is getting old as it has steered us to the important topic of race preperation.  Can you imagine not prepairing properly for a real life race :shock:  :eek:   Disastrous is a word that comes to mind quickly.

I think Cristy did a great job on her first show and I look forward to seeing her on future shows.  Shaun and Darin = Awsome as usual  :)

I find this new show as a good idea to point out certain aspects when it comes to online sim racing. It will bring up some topics of conversation that people might not actually notice while racing such as the tension that is being built (both intentionally and unintentionally) between racers while competing for a spot. It can also bring out the topic of track etiquette when racing and whether or not it happens naturally by fellow racers or is it forced on by others not just on the higher levels of racing but even on the levels where rookies compete. Overall I like the first impressions and hope it is a continuing series!

Bring back Jessica!

At first glance listening to the first episode, I'd agree, only because I've became used to seeing her mix stuff up. She could be a lady and jump in, grab a saw and get with it. Guys appreciate a cute gal who can jump right in and get with it. Give this Cristy gal a chance. I did, and ended up marrying a Christy...

I'd bet, just as soon as she get's comfy, we're gonna see the side of her that attracts her to speed just like one of us in her own unique way. 6 months and post back. Jessy can't be replaced....neither can I. Gotta love being unique. We ALL are :cool: