Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Driving Simulators or Arcade Racers ???

Driving Sims or Arcade Coverage  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Driving Sims or Arcade Coverage

• ISR Should cover more Driving Sims like ETS2
    • ISR should cover more Arcade titles
    • ISR should have a balance of both
    • ISR should focus only on racing sims

21 posts in this topic

Yes i love proper racing sims like iRacing, Project Cars...etc and don't want you guys to focus less on that but it's nice to see driving sims appear because they can cater to the simulation side of us/you and provide sim fun outside of a racing game. Also Arcde racers are just as good because they cater to the racing side of things whilst providing a ton of fun when you just want to relax but still race.

As long as you keep the sim racing and driving games in one show separate from the arcade racers then i don't mind what you do.

As long as the hardcore racing sims are still covered in depth, I would love to see other simulators be featured.  Was great to see Euro Truck Simulator 2 shown on the show and given such a good review.  I've spent 60 hours playing the game myself, and your review was spot on

Hey guys.

We'll as long as the hardcore sims are covered... I don't mind the other sims games. We all agreed that for a hardcore sims game we have to be prep !... no wife, no phone all alone in our man cave LOL. So I enjoy those hardcore races but sometime I don't have the time or energy for that kind of racing so a good ordinary racing will do just fine.... but that's my humble opinion  :cool:

Cheers guy I

I would like to see everything covered but if you are limited by time  go sim first and everything else as time allows. Bottom line is if it,s on, I,ll watch it !

The Euro folks seem to have sims for everything: Farming Simulator, Digger Simulator, Tow Truck Simulator, Street Cleaning SImulator, Snowcat Simulator (ski slope groomer), Woodcutter Simulator... the list goes on.   They even have a bungee jumping simulator...

Hi!

That's true, we do have a sim for almost everything. But be careful! Keep in mind that all those sims aren't so good as ETS2. Mostly it simply lacks qualitiy in graphics and physics.

Beside Farming Simulator 2013, ETS2 is probably the best of the "normal" driving sims. FS 2013 is "interesting" as well, it has got some good graphics and a pro for FS 2013 is that you can play it with your friends on the internet or in a LAN Network.

But BTT: I think you guys you could better stick to simracing. When you have some spare time and you got an interesting game in your hands, then you are welcome to make a show out of it.

Greetz, Paul

Edit: a tip for all simulator fanatics among us: City Car Driving ;)

be nice if u guys would cover some arcade racers like need for speed and grid series but focus on racing sims for all consoles as long as its a driving game

i think if the poll had a fifth option,

ISR should cover predominantly sim racing titles and the occasional trending arcade,

this would be the likely option by most viewers. Its pretty much the current winning format so keep it up darin, shaun, & i should add now christy 

i think if the poll had a fifth option,

ISR should cover predominantly sim racing titles and the occasional trending arcade,

this would be the likely option by most viewers. Its pretty much the current winning format so keep it up darin, shaun, & i should add now christy 

That fifth option is already our #1 priority :-)

this is tough, is f1 2012 regarded as an arcade title, or dirt 3?, in my opinion if a developer has taken the time to add as much real driving physics as posible on a console game then yes, id like to see a little of that, but if its just a tail out, drift and power up game then no, im not interested in impossible fantasy driving games, unless its super mario cart.... :-P  as for titles like euro truck sim and others they maybe fun but for me im only interested in the racing

The way I see it is just depends on how much media footage you want to create IMO. The sweet thing is you are not bound by oh let's say 30 minute time segment episodes and they very in time span. I think some are not taking this into consideration with some of their posts thinking you have limits on what you can do ISR. You are the Kings of your show. No networks to answer to and the way I see it anything you want to include has room for it.

Also just an idea, maybe cover some mostly unknown sims/driving/racing sims or games that aren't widely known, the criteria is it has to be good by ISR's standards, I'm sure there are great unknown software of this type out there and it would be cool to see something from a small software house get recognition for something briliant they created but are not so good at getting the word out and can't financially compete against the big names in the industry in the advertising dept.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

The way you are doing it now is probably the best way to do it. Do the true racing sims, throw in the mainstream titles like F1 2012, nascar 2012 etc because they are becoming more sim'ish in nature and mix in the other stuff when one hits you guys as something worth while. I would have never known about LFS if it wasnt for you guys but it is certainly not a true sim. More arcade/sim yet it is a good brake from iRacing and something I can let my kids goof around on with me. So dont change a thing IMO.

I don't want you guys only to have Arcade games, but I do want both, I loved the ETS2 Review. And I downloaded its demo version from Steam, and it is so much fun! So I want you guys to review games and sims that we would have fun with like iRacing.

I'm playing strictly in xbox360 as of now but that don't mean I only wanna hear about it. I am really interested in all racing and a balance of both is great. I get to see the new stuff for my setup and all the wish list stuff too. I will build a PC and do all the PC titles I can get me hands on when the time comes but for now I still want to hear about it as well as my xbox.

MM out