Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS Wireless Racing Wheel - in game settings?

7 posts in this topic

I have the MS Wireless Racing wheel, its the V2 version and has the bearing mod.

I just started playing this game and the default wheel settings are awful. The car is really twitchy and the slightest movements cause quite a lot of steering angle. Also the FFB feels kind of notchy.

Can anyone help with sharing their setups and the reasons why they work please?

Thanks in advance

Well for a start Forzas ffb isn't the best, I play with a fanatec gt2 and the ffb is lacklustre. As for the twitchyness I would reccomend increasing the steering outside dead zone until it feels better. Try 5 clicks to start.

Dude are you the same guy I have on my Live friends list ??

I hardly play Forza because I hate the way when you break traction the track suddenly turns to ice.....

I just got F1 2012 and Im loving it to be honest. Its a lot less arcadey than the previous versions.  I just find the FFB in this game feels a little odd though I cant really put my finger on what it is. It just feels sort of notchy rather than being smooth in its delivery.

Regards the steering: It seems like like small movements around the center of the steering axis are exaggerated somewhat. I tried playing with the linearity setting in game last night and that seems to be the setting to fiddle with to make things better. I tried it at 50% and then backed it down to around 20% and left it there for the rest of the session. My lap times got considerably faster compared to Friday night and I finished up with a best of 1.26.6 at Hungary. I was really pleased with that as previously I was in the low 1.30's. My brother 'playa68' and his regular racing buddies were all in the low 1.21's though....

I will have a bit more of play with things and report back here in case anybody finds this thread asking for help with the MS wheel.

I use to have an MS wheel and I can tell you the notchy feeling in the FFB is the wheel itself, not in the game. The MS Wheel is also limited to a non-adjustable 270 degrees of rotation, which for a game like F1 2012 would be very twitchy. Its just not in the same league as the Fanatec wheels on the Xbox, no matter how you modify it.

Thanks for the input MrParadoX :)

I get what your saying as its a geared wheel (as opposed the Fanatec's which are belt driven) so there will always be a slightly notchy feel due to the cogs inside. But I play a lot of Race Pro too and that feels really smooth compared the F1 2012 for some reason. It almost feels like in F1 2012 the motor is stuttering as it delivers FFB to the wheel if that makes sense. It like it on all the codemasters F1 titles.

Out of curiosity does anyone have any idea how much rotation real life F1 cars have?

Yes I am hennessey861 on the 360, I'm sure there will someone who will have some decent settings somewhere. Google it if you haven't already and try a few forza fan sites like forza planet, or buy o fanatec wheel and that will solve all your problems.