Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

race cave done, well, almost

200 posts in this topic

well guys im halfway there, since joining this forum in november and catching the sim bug my room is complete, im a stickler for preparation and i thought if im gonna do it then im gonna do it right, i wanted the race cave, so i bought a garden shed and cleared my spare room ready for my pc instalation, spent 2 weeks of evenings replastering and painting, buying blackout blinds, fitting carpet and its done, gonna use my old custom rig shopping trolly0 for the time being as its the perfect fit, maybe upgrade that if i feel the need, its been blood sweat and tears but a labour of love at the same time, got my tripple 27" acers sat in there boxes and pretty sure im gonna go for the obutto r3volution monitor stand but im still not decided, i know im probably doing things backwards but then its a case of getting my pc built and installed, i was thinking of setting up one monitor and hooking up my ps3 for a bit of f1 12 but if i do that then i know i wont get my finger out get my pc sorted as quickly, no racing gives me motivation and the next time i sit in that rig it'll be rookie class iracing for me, i love my race cave, im thinking of sleeping in it tonight... :-P    photo update 30/12/2013

post-11166-0-75318700-1373660228_thumb.jpost-11166-0-37303400-1369777313_thumb.jpost-11166-0-40997500-1365857529_thumb.j
post-11166-0-55628800-1365857520_thumb.jpost-11166-0-87292000-1364046645_thumb.jpost-11166-0-38270600-1363451007_thumb.jpost-11166-0-07363900-1360701509_thumb.jpost-11166-0-47002600-1392473421_thumb.jpost-11166-0-15928100-1392473380_thumb.jpost-11166-0-93168400-1392321661_thumb.jpost-11166-0-02720000-1360701624_thumb.jpost-11166-0-98735800-1359636027_thumb.jpost-11166-0-45574100-1428310369_thumb.jpost-11166-0-91469200-1428310071_thumb.jpost-11166-0-76556100-1428309923_thumb.j

momo and fanatec hub. http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/16915-got-me-a-momoand-a-fanatec-huband-a-slimline-quick-release/

post-11166-0-53279000-1361300808_thumb.j

post-11166-0-24745300-1361300830_thumb.j

post-11166-0-00639000-1371234638_thumb.j

post-11166-0-66703000-1388232796_thumb.j

post-11166-0-12385800-1388232843_thumb.j

post-11166-0-57579300-1388232882_thumb.j

post-11166-0-74859500-1388233334_thumb.j

Wow Ptux, the race cave looks amazing and the rig looks right at home in there.

I hope you get it all together soon so you can start enjoying the fruits of your labor. Excellent job! :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I've loved that shopping cart cockpit since you first posted pics.The room is looking good bud.Soon you won't be able to sleep then you will stop shaving and combing your hair followed by a general lack of interest in anything else.That's after you get it all together and start racing . :ugeek:

thanks guys, obsessive compulsive disorder is not a disorder at all, i embrace mine and it helps me get things done, for example my living room is all white but now im gonna have to slate grey it because im loving that colour, im 2 days into an 18 day work blast, my next day off is the 9th of march as i figure whats the point of weekends without racing, my buddy is coming over from dublin ireland that weekend and were gonna get sh#tfaced then spend 3 days building the pc, hes a bit of a drunken wizzard so i'll just keep him fueled up and watch him work, everyday and everything im doing at the moment revolves around getting this done, i havent raced now for 3 weeks and its like a forgoton memory but i know the good/bad/excilerating/frustration is just around the next corner, see you all on track, off to work now

Very stellar M8,Very stellar indeed!wow..3 weeks with NO Racing eh? oh well,looks like you have spent your non racing time well my friend,[love the Black out blinds BTW]0 Distractions;)and now you have your own private Race Room,very kewl,it is missing one VERY Important item though..I mean I am sure you are planning on it,but if it was me,there would already be a fully stocked mini Fridge in reaching distance of your Rig,full of ..ahh Sodas & health drinks!..ya thats it! sodas & health drinks! not nasty tasting IPA's or disgusting stouts & Brown Ales..YUKK! maybe some Carrot juice!!! ummmm,delish!

come to think of it ..I could really go for a Ice cold Al..er carrot juice right now..hehe;)cheers and congrats m8,you got the room looking SWEET!.

+1 on the wall colour. and wow good job cleaning and moving the cabinet. is the room for projectors or triples?

triples, just ordered obutto r3volutin triple stand, gotta say that tiago from obutto is probably the most helpful person ive ever purchased from

Very stellar M8,Very stellar indeed!wow..3 weeks with NO Racing eh? oh well,looks like you have spent your non racing time well my friend,[love the Black out blinds BTW]0 Distractions;)and now you have your own private Race Room,very kewl,it is missing one VERY Important item though..I mean I am sure you are planning on it,but if it was me,there would already be a fully stocked mini Fridge in reaching distance of your Rig,full of ..ahh Sodas & health drinks!..ya thats it! sodas & health drinks! not nasty tasting IPA's or disgusting stouts & Brown Ales..YUKK! maybe some Carrot juice!!! ummmm,delish!

come to think of it ..I could really go for a Ice cold Al..er carrot juice right now..hehe;)cheers and congrats m8,you got the room looking SWEET!.

im more of a smoothie slurper

grrrrr, paypal suck, been waiting patiently for my obutto triple stand and just found out from obutto that paypal had a 'freeze' on my order, speaking to others i find that this is quite common, so paypal hold my £250 for 10 days, and im not the only one, thats a lot of interest worldwide and in the meantime i have to wait an extre week for my kit, repeat, GRRRRRRR

Sad to hear about your PayPal problems I have being there too. Hang in there it will be there sooner than you know it. Room looks very nice wish I had the space to follow your lead.

ok guys, this is the big one, at the end of this month im gonna be getting my pc built, im a complete pc noob but learning as i go, ive budgeted for around the £1000 mark, can you send me info on everything im gonna need component wise, im gonna be running triples and im a big fan of eye candy so i want a capable set up, if you could all give me some pointers on whats the best stuff to go for so i can get some idea what i need, so c'mon guys help me spend my money

Thats looking really good mate. The Decorating company I work for just re-painted the main stairwell at the Royal Berkley hotel in Knightsbridge London. We used Slate 2 and Slate 3 on adjacent walls. For example: you use the lighter shade Slate 2 on the wall with your main windows, and also on the wall directly opposite. Then use the slightly darker Slate 3 on the other 2 walls either side of your main window. Make sense? Gives the illusion of greater depth and creates a kinda 3D effect. We used Dulux trade Diamond Eggshell which has got to be my favorite paint ever! Just thought I'd share as you say you like the Slate colour ;)

Any updates on the racecave?

theres some very clever stuff going on with interior paint design at the moment, sounds like i dont need to tell you but the tech involved is very clever, making rooms seem twice the size with like you say just a slight shade change or using reflective particles to bounce light, weve just done a few velux window tunnels with dulux glow tech super white, when the sunlight hits that its like somebody turned on all the lights, as for my cave im waiting on monitors tuesday and monitor stand thurs, ordered a derek speare sequential shifter over the frex in the end, johnny carr put me on to it and ive had a little back and forth with derek and he's a great guy, got some solid gear at great prices, getting a bit scratchy now, gotta get this done and start some serious racing

Your new room looks great ptux...very well done indeed!  Enjoy the triple mount, it can be a bit tedious to setup but it has loads of adjustability.  As a side note, you did purchase the main monitor stand too right?  Make sure you watch my assembly vids for it all which can be found at http://obutto.com/r3v_assembly_videos.html

Also, building pc's are easy and a great "how to" video series is on youtube by Newegg.  Everything from picking components to the actual build in a 3 part series.  In the end at least you'll have a better understanding of what's going on, and just in case your pal get's too sauced up you can finish the build heheh!

Here are the links:

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing To

yep, ordered single monitor stand with arm atachments, should be ariving today, thanks for the links guys, thats given me greater confidence in what im doing, one question which i cant find an answer to is whats the best way to connect my monitors to the pc?

Depends on your gpu's connections.  Most AMD Eyefinity cards will have 2 DVI, 2 DisplayPorts (or mini-DP) so if you want to run triples then connect 2 via DVI, and then use one DP>DVI Eyefinity approved adapter (or mini-DP to DVI Eyefinity approved adapter).   I haven't used Nvidia cards in ages but I'm sure they are running similar setups on their latest higher end cards.

For the adapters just make sure you get the "Eyefinity Approved" ones....it will say it on the box like this example http://www.amazon.com/HIS-HMDPSDVIEYE-Mini-DisplayPort-Adapter-Eyefinity-ready/dp/B004RFGK30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362641554&sr=8-1&keywords=eyefinity+mini+displayport+adapter

The Radeon 7970 card I have came with the adapters needed, I have one monitor plugged into the single DVI port, one in the HDMI using included HDMI to DVI cable and the last in the mini Display Port using the included Mini DP to DVI cable. So I didn't have to buy any adapters.

Here's the card I have...... http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-678.shtml

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<